All reviews quiet location marsha amenities port sink fridge beach
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Review for the spa:
I've had a lot of massages in my life....however, none like Norma at Balinese. She, and the spa, are highly recommended my me. Thank you for stepping into the Healthcare and Wellness arena Marsha! Port A is the place to work, play and relax, now!

Room Tip: Rooms are beautiful, however, I live here so the massage is what I need and want!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Not our first time here and certainly not our last! Starkey Properties and The Balinese Wellness Spa and Yoga Retreat offers a number of services from this one location. There is a plethora of wonderful vacation rentals, but we spend most of our nights right on property in one of the five units that cater to the Spa (or does the spa cater to these guests?) Either way, it is quite awesome!

We have stayed in nearly every unit at one time or another.

The units are clean always. Our favorite type of unit is the one bedroom suite that sports a kitchen fully equipped with an apartment size fridge, sink, 4 burner stove and a microwave. There are also dishes, silverware, cook ware and each unit is supplied with a Kurig coffee maker and filtered water for great coffee.

A deck stretches the length of each unit with a view over the spa toward the ship channel. The unites are located on the upper level with room for parking beneath the building.

The spa offers a wide variety of massage and relaxation treatments along with manicure and pedicure, great facials and Yoga classes several times a week in their upper Yoga Deck. It is open on the sides so on occasion weather may not cooperate and classes may be postponed or cancelled.

Room Tip: There is 4 one bedroom suites that offer a full kitchen which can save money on meals!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I liked the place it was a cool vibe... Clean and comfortable and close to the ferry. The Spa was closed while we were there and were not able to schedule a message but will have to next time we are in town.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

My wife and I visit Port A several times a year to go fishing with the local party boat charter company. We have stayed at several of the national big box places. The Balinese is very unique. I made the reservation there on a whim, when one of the big box places jacked up the rates for a standard hotel room. The Balinese room we were in was like a small condo. Getting up the steps is a bit on an issue, since all rooms are basically "lofts". But once I lugged my wife's wardrobe trunk upstairs for a long anniversary weekend celebration, it was well worth the effort!

Highly recommend! Book early. We are going back to Port A in a few weeks, and the Balinese is sold out for our dates of travel. Go figure - The "suites" at the other chain stores are not nearly as nice as this beautiful boutique bungalow.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

I had the best facial ever! She really helped open up my sinuses! I feel a hundred times better and my skin is glowing! I highly recommend this spa. The rooms behind are adorable also! My friend loved her massage as well....

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends