All reviews quiet location amenities sink fridge beach
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Not our first time here and certainly not our last! Starkey Properties and The Balinese Wellness Spa and Yoga Retreat offers a number of services from this one location. There is a plethora of wonderful vacation rentals, but we spend most of our nights right on property in one of the five units that cater to the Spa (or does the spa cater to these guests?) Either way, it is quite awesome!

We have stayed in nearly every unit at one time or another.

The units are clean always. Our favorite type of unit is the one bedroom suite that sports a kitchen fully equipped with an apartment size fridge, sink, 4 burner stove and a microwave. There are also dishes, silverware, cook ware and each unit is supplied with a Kurig coffee maker and filtered water for great coffee.

A deck stretches the length of each unit with a view over the spa toward the ship channel. The unites are located on the upper level with room for parking beneath the building.

The spa offers a wide variety of massage and relaxation treatments along with manicure and pedicure, great facials and Yoga classes several times a week in their upper Yoga Deck. It is open on the sides so on occasion weather may not cooperate and classes may be postponed or cancelled.

Room tip: There is 4 one bedroom suites that offer a full kitchen which can save money on meals!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I liked the place it was a cool vibe... Clean and comfortable and close to the ferry. The Spa was closed while we were there and were not able to schedule a message but will have to next time we are in town.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

My wife and I visit Port A several times a year to go fishing with the local party boat charter company. We have stayed at several of the national big box places. The Balinese is very unique. I made the reservation there on a whim, when one of the big box places jacked up the rates for a standard hotel room. The Balinese room we were in was like a small condo. Getting up the steps is a bit on an issue, since all rooms are basically "lofts". But once I lugged my wife's wardrobe trunk upstairs for a long anniversary weekend celebration, it was well worth the effort!

Highly recommend! Book early. We are going back to Port A in a few weeks, and the Balinese is sold out for our dates of travel. Go figure - The "suites" at the other chain stores are not nearly as nice as this beautiful boutique bungalow.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

I had the best facial ever! She really helped open up my sinuses! I feel a hundred times better and my skin is glowing! I highly recommend this spa. The rooms behind are adorable also! My friend loved her massage as well....

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2015

I checked into the hotel on Thursday night and left on Sunday morning. It is really hidden away on a somewhat quiet street, so it was initially difficult to find, but with the help of someone who worked at another hotel down the street, I finally did! Cut Off Road is not well-lit and addresses cannot be seen in the dark. If you are planning a nighttime arrival, the key is to find the "REMAX" sign which is very well-lit and the hotel portion of this property is behind that strip center. In any case, I was very happy with my room, #3, which was quiet and seemingly hidden from everything. It was very clean and cozy. The bed was comfortable and the bathtub was very deep, and perfect for an evening soak! Everything was great!

Since I was there over a holiday weekend, and was working at an art show, I was not able to take advantage of any of the spa amenities but hope to go back and do so. I highly recommend this hotel!

I believe this hotel has a policy that no children are allowed, which insures that no ill-mannered, unruly or uncontrollable children will disrupt your peace & quiet.

There was also a lovely balcony, perfect for sharing a bottle of champagne and a light snack.

Room tip: Room #3 is very quiet.
Date of stay: November 2015