All reviews quiet location marsha amenities port sink fridge beach
Reviewed 7 February 2016

I had the best facial ever! She really helped open up my sinuses! I feel a hundred times better and my skin is glowing! I highly recommend this spa. The rooms behind are adorable also! My friend loved her massage as well....

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2015

I checked into the hotel on Thursday night and left on Sunday morning. It is really hidden away on a somewhat quiet street, so it was initially difficult to find, but with the help of someone who worked at another hotel down the street, I finally did! Cut Off Road is not well-lit and addresses cannot be seen in the dark. If you are planning a nighttime arrival, the key is to find the "REMAX" sign which is very well-lit and the hotel portion of this property is behind that strip center. In any case, I was very happy with my room, #3, which was quiet and seemingly hidden from everything. It was very clean and cozy. The bed was comfortable and the bathtub was very deep, and perfect for an evening soak! Everything was great!

Since I was there over a holiday weekend, and was working at an art show, I was not able to take advantage of any of the spa amenities but hope to go back and do so. I highly recommend this hotel!

I believe this hotel has a policy that no children are allowed, which insures that no ill-mannered, unruly or uncontrollable children will disrupt your peace & quiet.

There was also a lovely balcony, perfect for sharing a bottle of champagne and a light snack.

Room Tip: Room #3 is very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Reelin’ in the Feelin’

I am so thrilled to have had such a wonderful vacation—one of my best—having come back home after a very refreshing week with my husband at the Balinese Wellness Spa and Yoga Retreat. I know he is refreshed because he is playing the drums right now. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly because the place and the Staff have the ambiance, hospitality, beauty and integrity to pull off what few places can—a quiet, relaxing, healing experience for those who choose it and/or an exciting adventure at the beach , fishing, and touring. This hideaway does more than accommodate the weary traveler. It absolutely revives the soul. I am feeling great after 6 days—5 nights, and we are already planning another trip to go back to the Balinese as soon as we can—probably in about four months. This is the perfect home away from home. This is in a fantastic location and has a gorgeous spa to boot with a spacious open-air Yoga deck on top. I am completely inspired by the energy of the whole thing. It was much more beautiful than I had imagined. I love being able to walk to everything—which I easily got around town and even to the IGA grocery store is only a few blocks away. And there are golf carts to rent, too. One day, I walked around while my husband went on a fishing trip. Good thing—he brought back some fish he caught and walked back from the dock and put it in the refrigerator freezer. It just went so well—we had everything we needed and if we did not have something—the front desk could get it for us and in no time. Cannot thank you enough for your graciousness and attentiveness to all the details.

Room Tip: Rooms # 1 and 3 have ship channel views.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015

First of all I can tell you that your comfort, relaxation and total vacation experience mean a lot to the owners and staff of this fine hotel. The property is conveniently located 1 block away from the Ferry and close to many of the shops restaurants and attractions of the Island. The hotel is beautifully landscaped with tropical palms, flowers, shrubs and art pieces. The layout of the hotel room was on the second floor with a large veranda with views of the ship channel on one side and the city of Port-A on the other.
When we opened the door to the apartment-sized hotel room you could see the excellent interior design work in every room location as well as the fine art decor and selective furnishings to compliment each room. The kitchen was one of the real conveniences, fully equipped with dishes, pots and pans, silverware, blenders, coffee makers, toaster and a large refrigerator and stove top, I mean this place had it all, right down to the last spoon.
The rooms were very sound proof and the ceiling fans were nice and quiet. There were two TV's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom both with Direct TV.
Centered in the hotel property is a large Spa and Yoga service area that provides guests with many relaxing and healthful products.
You can trust my sincerity when we tell you to save yourself the worry of where a truly nice hotel is located in Port Aransas. Step inside the Balinese Flats for all the creature comforts and convenience you expect, step outside their doors for the deep sea fishing, tranquil island life, nightlife and wild adventures this Island is famous for.
Have a Blast at the Balinese.

Room Tip: Take room # 1 or 3 with large veranda and beautiful ship channel views.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarkBevBelize
Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Ahhhhh! Is all I can say.... In a good way. My fiancé and I have stayed at many places in Port A, and none have EVEN come close to this awesome place. When we arrived it was late, but luckily they called me before to give me instructions.... Although, at first I couldn't find the door they were talking about and I thought we'd have to sleep in the car, but we found it. I love how it was like a mini 1 bedroom apartment. My fiancé and I were excited to see the room. It was your own space, you were secluded, I love the orchid loft, it was all the way at the end. You had your own little balcony, it was very quiet. The only downfall is that we went during red tide... Which we didn't get in the water..... So needless to say we came back to the room early, but we entertained ourselves. And if you go you NEED to eat at Doc's. We will most definitely be picking this place again. Ooh and the staff is very friendly, they went out of their way to show me where places are, places to eat... Etc. This was a true gem of a place. It made our little micro vaca that much better!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple