“No mundane here!”

Irie's Island Food
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: USD 5 - USD 16
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Irie's Island Food is an extra casual, very small restaurant serving lunch only. Hours of operation are seasonal in this vacation town. We feature fresh handmade food prepared by the chef/owner who is a graduate of the Culinary institute of America. Creative tacos on house made tortillas, Hawaiian, Asian, American/tropical, and international cuisine is offered at our establishment. We also make New Orleans style beignets from scratch, roast our own coffee, and even have creme brulee to go!
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

If you are tired of the same old flavors, this place is for you! Pick your favorite dish and then change it up with one or more of their many homemade unique sauces! Flavors were fresh and left me wanting to taste everything on the menu!
Not somewhere to go if you are rushed as more than likely you will wait in line. The rice plates are good but not a great value in my opinion. The tacos are where it's at! Oh and don't forget dessert, the beignets are fabulous!!

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

This place is ridiculous. The Mac and Cheese is so creamy and delicious. The Fried Chicken taco is supreme. Love it and will be back.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

What a great little hidden gem tucked away in Port Aransas! I went with my niece, husband and 20 month old daughter. We shared shrimp spring rolls (great) and a chicken rice plate (great) and each got a taco. We had dragon (excellent), crazy (excellent), and bean and cheese (very good) tacos. I am a lover of tacos and my dragon taco was one of the best of my life. We also had beignets, which weren't as great as I thought they would be after the high quality of our appetizer and main meal. Skip the dessert and eat more tacos!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Food was good. We had the crazy tacos, crawfish spring rolls and indo rice. They have a wide variety of flavorful sauces. Service was friendly and dogs were allowed on the patio.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I can see how Irie's is rated so well -- the restaurant offers some very tasty food (lots of tacos, but also various platters and side dishes). They indicate that tons of food is made from scratch on-site, including buns and tortillas. On the two visits we've made so far, they've had daily specials and they've also indicated when items are no longer available. We've tried several different tacos (I enjoyed the crispy beef but found the coconut shrimp to need seasoning and it was too fishy for my tastes), platters (the kahuki chicken was a little dry but really flavorful), and several options for the kids (they loved the mac & cheese). Irie's has a ton of different sauces so you can customize your meal to your tastes.

The interior is crowded and the outside seating is just a couple of picnic tables. They seem to be closed on Sundays and Mondays. This is not a great choice for a larger group due to the lack of space. They don't have a specific kids menu, but the mac & cheese is fantastic and inexpensive, and there are plenty of tacos that many kids will eat. You order at a counter and sit down to eat, or can easily get food to-go (even when dining there, food is served to-go style).

I enjoyed Irie's and will definitely return the next time we're on the island.