“Potential here but service is awful”
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2013

So I am having a little trouble understanding this place. We visit in off season at around 8pm. Half of the tables are empty and waiting to be bused. We still have to wait 10 minutes for someone to clean a table. This should have been the sign to turn around and leave. I don't understand why this place can't get it together. Every time we've eaten at their sister restaurant in town we get prompt service and great food.

Beaches has a great location, cute decor and the food is actually pretty good...however the service here completely blows a big one. We sat at our table for about 10 minutes and finally flagged someone down who was not our waiter but we convinced him to take our drink orders. When he came back, we also convinced him to put in our food order too since no one else had been by.

FORTY MINUTES LATER our food came. Remember this is a half empty restaurant with at least 5 servers meandering around. In those 40 minutes(I timed it) I actually saw one table wait unattended about 10 minutes and then walk out. Did I mention that we have a toddler that managed to not have a meltdown in the 40 minutes we waited for our burger, chicken fried steak and mac-n-cheese? I've made these items before and it does not take 40 minutes to cook any of these things! Seriously people, you have got to get it together!

2  Thank ChicadelaPlaya

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We knew there was a problem the minute a girl walked up and said she wasn't sure who our waitor was. People just seemed to be walking around aimlessly. The food was okay but we had to ask for refills multiple times. Brisket nachos were not all they were cracked up to be.

1  Thank Hills25
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We went hear for dinner and it was ok-ish. My wife had brisket and said it was very good. However the sweet beans tasted like brown-sugar with a side of beans, way too sweet. I had the pulled pork sandwich, the pulled pork was good but the bun was completely saturated in grease and it was not from the pork. It was really bad so I just pulled the pork off and ate it without the bun. Also my aunt had to send back the coleslaw. It smelled like it had been left out way to long. They said it was because it was oil based instead of mayo based that is why it smelled like that but it did not smell right at all. Just got a baked potato instead and it was good.

1  Thank williamg441
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We snowbird here every February and live to eat at Beaches. The sweet barbeque sauce on their fries is THE BEST. Then there's the friendliest wait staff in the world...endless iced tea and a bakery that has mouth watering cheesecake. We love this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We visited this restaurant last fall when we were in Port A and loved the food and the choice of beers. When we were visiting the island last weekend, we ate there on Saturday night. It was great sitting outside on the porch, and the food was still excellent.