“Great Seafood excellent souvenir shop”
Review of Moby Dick's

Moby Dick's
Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Fresh seafood at a reasonable price attentive staff and a great souvenir shop the raw oysters were great and the peel and eat shrimp was more than I could eat

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We had planned this location due to reading other reviews and we are so glad that we did! We walked in and got on the waiting list and then enjoyed the little gift shop. That was fun and unique.

The decor adds to the ambience of Moby Dick's. This was a fun and entertaining location to enjoy a nice dinner. The wait was pretty short and the walk around the place was entertaining.
The drinks were a bit high but for us we went all out. I would not normally purchase the drinks at that price. The food was really nice - between steak and seafood - no complaints from us. The service was very attentive and we had a pleasant time.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We had seafood dinners at this place. Food was abundant and well prepared. My bet is this is a Friday night scene in PA, for sure. Hurricanes were just OK. No rum float.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Lot of people eating here, but I do not know why. Our waitress was young, but not well prepared for this job. We were with another couple and told her before we ordered anything that we would like separate checks. She said that was fine.

My wife ordered the seafood gumbo. When it came the waitress said be careful as it is very hot. There was no steam coming from it, so how hot could it be. The answer was not at all. She sent it back because it was not hot enough to eat. I ate one of the hush puppies (one of my favorite things in the world). They claimed to be great, but they were one of the worst I have ever eaten. I had the mahi mahi fish tacos. The fish was great and well prepared but the rest of it was lacking. They served it with cabbage (I much prefer pickled cabbage) and a green sauce that I could not quite figure out what it was. No heat at all. So a thumbs down on the tacos. The fishermans platter was split by the other couple. They found it to be a very heavily fried meal that did not set will with them latere.

The best part was the crab poppers. Like the normal jalapeno popper, but with some crab meat in there as well. These were GREAT. If I ever go back there again, not too likely, the only thing I will have are these poppers.

The bills came and were all messed up. Evidently keeping two separate tabs was too much for this waitress.

1  Thank Bruski21
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Have been to Moby Dick's many times and this was by far the best visit. This visit was in the evening on Saturday Sept 10. We had a party of 15. Our wait time was not bad for that big of a party. Our waiter, William, was the BEST. His interaction with everyone was fantastic. Wish all waitstaff had his outgoing personality. Four of us had the mango daiquiri's and they were so yummy we had to get another. I ordered the grilled fish and shrimp and it was cooked perfectly. Mouthwatering delicious. We were all happy with our food. Atmosphere is casual.