Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This may be a good hotel for a business traveler, but horrible for families. Very small rooms, good workout room, ok area, horrible parking. Part of the hotel is private residences and clearly the restaurants and bar give an entirely different customer experience to those clients rather than hotel guests. People who work there, other than the bar, are clearly not happy and therefore display unpleasant attitudes. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I highly recommend this property. The staff were very helpful and always responded immediatly to any request. This is probably the best concierge lounge in any Marriott property I have stayed in.

Room Tip: GO for the concierge level well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We were attending the Dallas Cup and this was a perfect location, just drop the car off at the end of the day and walk to enormous variety of bars and restaurants. We went for the option of a bedroom with lounge which gave that extra space and two tv's so no fighting.

Staff at the desk could be a little not interested but on checking out they were very friendly.

I would book here again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Hotel had a great rate online and booked it. The hotel is in a cool little area surrounded by shops and restaraunts. The parking is a little odd--it's behind the hotel in a garage unless you would like to valet. I, the cheapskate, don't mind walking.

The lobby was very nice. Check in was easy. My wife had our room keys before I was able to park the car. I'm a gold rewards member, and was a little disappointed we didn't get upgraded on check in. The hotel was sold out. We also didn't get concierge level access or any free breakfast coupons. So once we scoped out the room I went down to enquire.

The room was decent size. Beds were comfortable. View was nice. One word on the rooms...good gravy they have some long hallways. We had friends on the other wing and I had to stop and rest on the way.

Went back down to the lobby and asked what was up with us gold rewards peeps not getting any love. I was promptly comped breakfast.

I then wandered into the bar. I like bars and they like me. Beers were reasonably priced and they had a full bar.

We wandered out for dinner, which was cool. There's lots of good stuff in walking distance which was nice.

Came back, had some more bar time and then went to bed. Shower was nice with Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

In the morning, the room has one of those abominable faux coffee brewer things that brews a half cup of icky water barely recognizable as coffee.

So I took my breakfast coupons and headed to the lobby for some buffet action. The breakfast was a decent size spread of goodies including an omelette station. Coffee was perfect and I also observed they had coffee to go which beat the room coffee by miles. Now, the buffet was delicious and made even more so because it was gratis. However I would absolutely not have paid full price for the buffet. Get ready...it was $23. Perhaps I'm old or just cheap but that seems like a lot to me. If that sounds reasonable to you, eat up. Just be advised.

Check out was easy and we were out for our day adventure.

In closing...nice hotel. Find a good rate online and be mindful of the sundry charges such as parking and Internet and breakfast. Since we plan return trips to the Plano area, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ap3266
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center for a four day conference and had a great experience. The facility is within walking distance to shops and restaurants, has a great workout facility and room service was fast, hot and above average for hotel food. The customer service was top notch from the refrigerator that I asked to be put in my room to the valet. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business