“Small Town itallian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is a very personable restaurant. The staff was friendly an attentive. The food is par for the course in small towns. The food we had was very average, but I would go back for it and I definitely feel the portions are a good value.I had their pasta sampler, which pretty much told me that everything is cooked using the same sauce and basic ingredients. Aside from the lasagna I could not identify any of the other 2 dishes on taste alone. The salads were OK.

2  Thank ferret538
Tracy b, General Manager at Giovanni's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank y'all!! I do apologize about the sampler.. It does tend to be slot of ricotta on both sides of the lasagna and melts into a big cheesy bowl of cheese and sauce!! I personally love to eat the gios trio that has the lasagna and chicken Parmesan and a third dish that we change periodically. Hope to see y'all soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent bread with olive oil and basalmic vinegar. Salads are OK. Chicken dishes are OK. Seafood is OK. This time I had the veal parmigiana. Very small portion - breading was completely off the veal. Pasta was OK. Service was good - friendly and timely. BYOB. So as always you get what you pay for... Very inexpensive menu - very average food. BTW - the pizzas looked awesome.

2  Thank MRR1234567

Thank you!! Try the pizza next time...it IS awesome we homemake our bread from scratch and use only the best mozzarella

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have never been disappointed with the food here. Great bread and dipping oil along with fantastic Italian food

2  Thank marypat0823

Thank you for your patronage!! Come see us again

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Not a fan of this restaurant. The food is basically all the same. The bread however is very good. Service is very slow.

1  Thank Laura B

I am sorry for your bad experiences and wish to let you know that management has changed and to see if you would like to give us another try?!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I often eat at Giovanni's. My favorite appetizer is the stuffed mushrooms in a creamy sauce. My favorite entrée is Giovanni's shrimp with angel-hair pasta in a creamy wine sauce. Their lunch menu is very reasonably priced. Additionally, the wait staff is consistently personable without being intrusive, and all staff is attentive to your needs. I don't think their lasagna is good, but my brother likes it, so maybe that's just personal taste.

1  Thank Sherrill P

We thank you for your patronagesee ya soon!!!

Been to Giovanni's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!