See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2016

This place should rate Absolute Zero. This is one of the nastiest places I have ever seen. I booked a week here over the phone because I was coming into town for a job and the other hotels were either sold out or way too expensive. I've stayed in Orange several times for jobs but this was a sudden emergency and I didn't have a lot of time to plan. This toilet is even worse than the last time I looked at it two years ago. At midnight when I arrived I was exhausted and didn't have the energy to try to find another place so I had the Obviously Impaired gentleman at the desk change it to one night. The room was filthy with disgusting mold and gunk in the bathroom. The carpet looked worse than a slaughterhouse parking lot. It appears there are several units used by groups of transients or simply as a flop house arranged by the state or county, but it looked like a hobo camp in places. It was quiet, which is surprising. I was on night shift the next night so I slept a few hours in my sleeping bag I carry in my jeep! There was no way I was going to even look at the sheets, let alone climb in. I wound up getting a weekly rental at a condo in town that was a little pricey, but it beat the daylights out of this cesspool. DO NOT STAY HERE! GO ELSEWHERE!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt T
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

1st off let me start off by saying I normally check reviews before booking, but this time I decided not to. I had a gut feeling for the price i was paying that I should take my own bedding just in case from previous stays elsewhere. My significant other and I get there and was petrified at what we was seeing. That was sign number one. Old barbeque pits, rusty gates and walls and gentlemen lurking around like they had been there for years. Go inside a little old Asian lady helped us and gave us the worst room every on the side the guys were hanging around on. The room we were given was the nastiest I had ever seen. The floor was full of trash, mildew everywhere and a very strong urine smell. She advised us that it was busy last night and that house keeping was maybe being a little lazy.We requested our money back but she insisted on showing us another one on the other side that looked a little more safer. We chose to stay in that one. Once again it was horrible but not as bad as the other one. Still the guys lurking around was still apart of my memory so we decided again we didn't want to stay there. We had 15 minutes to change our minds and could get a full refund but the lady knew what she was doing and would not refund the money. I called Booking.Com to let them know of our experience but was not able to get nowhere with them either. We lost 60 dollar and a hotel planner because I will never use neither one of them again. I will be calling the Health Department on this hotel. Very angry customer

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Cynthia H
Reviewed 20 April 2015

This is another typical "you get what you pay for" room that I am REALLY getting tired of finding. People live here long-term, and make the place scary. It is dirty, the beds are old, the office reeeeks of curry and gawd-knows-what else. Yuck yuck yuck. I miss the days of good ol American owned, local mom and pop motels that took PRIDE in their places. That concept is about as old and moldy as the food that wasn't cleaned out of the fridge in the room. Stay somewhere else. The Good Price Motel isn't bad (and right by this one). Decent rooms, clean, friendly English speaking front desk, pool and a better than nothing free breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Project HIghway C
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was a last minute stay after a long day at work my previous hotel had filled up so I thought ok I just need a shower & a bed.. NEVER again. Tub was full of rust it was creepy to me. Some of the guys I worked with stayed there for a couple weeks I'm not sure how. By 3 am I was wishing I was sleeping in my truck so I just left.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sschlachter
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Normally I wouldn't stay at a property like this because of past experiences with such establishments, but it was late and I was very tired and on a Very tight budget on this trip so I decided to try it. Their sign advertised a rate of $24.95 and up per night, so I figured it shouldn't be much more for myself and my daughter. The girl at the front desk was cordial and helpful, she offered a rate of $39.99 but also gave a discount for AARP. The room was in the far left corner, just at the edge of the property at the place where the motel meets with another property, divided by a fence. There were many "workers" there, the girl explained it was a place that many out of town workers stayed because of the weekly rate they offered. Because we stayed on a Monday it was fairly quiet, I cannot speak to how it would be on the weekends but they did look very near capacity. Or room was simple, one bed, tv, dresser, night stand, typical of a standard motel room. There were no strange smells, NO smoke smells at all, the sheets, though thin and old, were clean and the bed was well made. The carpet looked as if it needed a cleaning, but had been vacuumed. There was a small fridge and microwave which worked, the tv and phone worked as well. The bathroom did leave a little to be desired, and it is advisable to bring your own towels because theirs were terrible just to be quite honest. We didn't hear too much noise from the street and to my great surprise there was no annoying housekeeper banging on the door at 9am. There is what they call "breakfast" but it is only pre-packaged honey-buns and coffee, but what can you expect for around $40? All in all, for what it was, I felt it was a good value, I didn't want to spend more than $40 and I also didn't want to sleep with bedbugs or on dirty sheets, so I felt I accomplished that and was satisfied that I was able to do so at the last minute. If you are traveling through this area and find yourself needed to stop, it wouldn't be the worst you could do, that's for sure, and it's way cheaper to stay in Orange than in Beaumont. Make sure you check the room first, that's what I did, no refunds after check in, just to be on the safe side.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room they will assign first, if it's not acceptable ask to see another, try to stay away from the area where they keep all the "workers" to cut down on noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business