“Naked beds!”

Ramada New Braunfels
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 12 October 2011

First of all, the prices were very good which is what attracted us to this location. They say you get what you pay for but there are some things you just assume will be included.
The room was clean. A little worn and decor outdated. The bed had the fitted sheet, a top sheet and one thin blanket. That was it. No spead or comforter. The air conditioning worked but would not adjust so it was either freeze or bake. All of the lamps had been unplugged. We had to pull the bed out in order to plug in the bedside lamps. Not easily done especially if you have back issues. The room phone did not work and was not repaired during our 3 night stay even though I did report it to the front desk. The breakfast bar was just ok. Bagels, coffee, eggs and sausage.
Not being a coffee drinker I expected to find some tea bags but none were offered. Am I the only tea drinker on the planet? I think not. The bar inside the hotel was nice - a neighborhood bar atmosphere but because of the DJ with his LOUD speakers, no way could you have a conversation. This went on well into the night. We are older but not OLD and we enjoy music as much as anyone, but not at eardrum piercing levels. Lastly, we had to get our cards reprogrammed 3 different times as they failed to open the door to the room when used. That happened the first time we tried to enter and we had to trudge back to the desk to get it fixed.
All in all our stay was pleasant and I probably would recommend because of price and location. Maybe someone with Ramada will read this....who knows. One more thing...they do have a computer with printer for use in a private area for guests - I used it with no problems..

Room Tip: Back of the hotel was away from the interstate and we heard no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a terrible hotel and should be an embarassment to the Ramada chain. We were given not one room, but two rooms with BED BUGS! And the second hotel room had spiders as well. And the hotel room door handle came off in my hand as we were trying to leave. Major safety and fire hazard. We immediately checked out. We had to packed up our kids and things at 10:30 at night! My kids were covered in BED BUG BITES...on vacation! I returned the next morning to talk to the general manager. Dan and Micheal both could have cared less. They told me "those things happen". Pitiful customer service! Dirty hotel! Nasty rooms. Should not be ranked as even a 2 star! I called FOX News San Antonio who will be doing a new story on them. Also notified Ramada corporate office. Dan, the general manager, refused to help me at all!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! If I could, I'd rank them below 1 star
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The hotel was ok. Nothing great and certainly not fancy. It was clean (which was important to us). Bed was comfortable but pillows were a bit flat. Shower had good pressure. Staff was actually outstanding. They were very responsive and super friendly. The breakfast was really good and was an added bonus. Parking was included. This was a motel style hotel but was fine. Pool was nice (we went in at night). Would stay there again for a night or two.

Room Tip: We got a decent rate through AARP...but you must be an AARP current member.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Clean average room - microwave, refrig, free internet.. Terrible towels - thin and rough. New Braunfels is a river town with a lot of people tubing down the river. Everyone staying there had been tubing or other water activities. Nice pool - they never had ice in ice machines. A lot of partiers and loud people. My 12 year old told me she was scared of the hotel b/c she saw some people cussing and yelling and the police were called by management. Breakfast bar included - variety of foods. We went tubing all day and stayed one night. It was ok for the one night. nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I didn't realize when I booked the room that this used to be the Holiday Inn that I stayed at two previous times for business trips. I would not have stayed here for this pleasure trip if I had known that. Nothing has changed since Ramada bought it other than the sign. The air conditionor in the first room was broken so we were moved to another room. The hotel is old and worn out, but if you want a cheap place just to sleep at night this may be a good fit. The place is definitely one of the cheaper hotels in New Bruanfels, which are over-priced. Low price is the only thing this hotel has going for it, although for what you get I wouldn't call it a good value.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple