First of all, the prices were very good which is what attracted us to this location. They say you get what you pay for but there are some things you just assume will be included.
The room was clean. A little worn and decor outdated. The bed had the fitted sheet, a top sheet and one thin blanket. That was it. No spead or comforter. The air conditioning worked but would not adjust so it was either freeze or bake. All of the lamps had been unplugged. We had to pull the bed out in order to plug in the bedside lamps. Not easily done especially if you have back issues. The room phone did not work and was not repaired during our 3 night stay even though I did report it to the front desk. The breakfast bar was just ok. Bagels, coffee, eggs and sausage.
Not being a coffee drinker I expected to find some tea bags but none were offered. Am I the only tea drinker on the planet? I think not. The bar inside the hotel was nice - a neighborhood bar atmosphere but because of the DJ with his LOUD speakers, no way could you have a conversation. This went on well into the night. We are older but not OLD and we enjoy music as much as anyone, but not at eardrum piercing levels. Lastly, we had to get our cards reprogrammed 3 different times as they failed to open the door to the room when used. That happened the first time we tried to enter and we had to trudge back to the desk to get it fixed.
All in all our stay was pleasant and I probably would recommend because of price and location. Maybe someone with Ramada will read this....who knows. One more thing...they do have a computer with printer for use in a private area for guests - I used it with no problems..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that New Braunfels has to offer at your comfortable Holiday Inn. Conveniently located between Austin and San Antonio, you are at the heart of everything, shopping, dining, and entertainment. You are minutes away from all of your favorite attractions, such as Schlitterbahn, Gruene Hall, Guadalupe and Comal rivers. For you shopping enthusiasts, downtown New Braunfels, Historic Gruene, and the San Marcos Outlet Malls have exactly what you are looking for. You can pull right up to your room or open your door to our crystal clear over sized swimming pool or have a picnic under the oak trees. Whether you re coming to New Braunfels for business or just for fun, Holiday Inn will be your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Come join us for breakfast and dinner in the River Rock Steak Haus or relax in the Prickly Pear Lounge with your favorite beverage. If you prefer, you may have your food and drinks delivered right to your room. Your room amenities include, high-speed Internet, one-cup coffee makers, blow dryers, irons and ironing boards, and cable TV. For your convenience, many of our rooms do have microwaves and mini fridges. Your friends at the Holiday Inn-New Braunfels are always here to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada New Braunfels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels
- Holiday Inn New Braunfels
- New Braunfels Holiday Inn
- Ramada New Braunfels Texas