Review Highlights
Summer Trip Part 2

The room was clean and close across the new section. Easy walk but not easy if you forget something.

Reviewed 31 July 2018
Drfeet1
Flower Mound, Texas
Weekend getaway

Great fun for the whole family. So many attractions you’ll need more than just one day to enjoy the... read more

Reviewed 28 June 2018
DosBeachBums
via mobile

All reviews great fun for the whole family amusement park food and drinks picnic cooler table lines parks ride cliffhanger purchase hillside
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We took our family here Saturday, July 15, 2017. The rides and the water park is great. What I did not care for is me trying to get back to the Comal Co. Fairgrounds! There is no sign for the line to the fairgrounds. Instead we stood 10 min in the wrong line and went to the other park. Then after everyone got off the bus except us 5 we found out we were on the wrong bus. This particular bus just shuttles back and forth between the parks. Aggravation is not even the word! So, a very nice lady helped us get back on the next bus and took us back to the Resort park. Put us in the correct line. I am livid at this point because there is no Signage! So basically if you have never been here before your screwed!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We had a a great time visiting Schlitterbaun for the first time. We went with another family as well. Love that there are so many shaded areas because when we went, it was very hot. We had been to Hurricane Harbor in Fort Worth before and were expecting it to be like that, however it wasn't. HH's rides were much more intense and scary. All that to say, if you like crazy rides, you may not care for Schlitterbaun as much. Schlitterbaun was much more calm and laid back atmosphere. Also, LOVE that you can bring in a cooler of drinks and food- saves a lot of money when you are bringing a family. We even just left our cooler and belongings, etc on a table in a shaded area and no one ever bothered any of it! It was really a fun time.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

While visiting the area we decided to take our teenagers to Schillterbahn for the day. We went on a Monday (before 4th of July) thinking it would not be crowded. Well it was! I advanced purchase our tickets and meal combos online to save time. To my surprise the will call booth was also a regular purchase ticket booth. Stood in line just as long. Entering on the west side park first. The lines bottle necked into the gift shop where they check your bags.
Entering the park was challenging and even more so all the stairs to climb up and down to get to anything....lockers..restrooms. The walk through the park was difficult as there were so many people. The lines extremely long 30 minutes after the park opened. The kids went one way, my husband and I another. We decided to ride what seemed to be a mild tube shoot (hillside). After waiting in line 45 minutes we get on this ride we had to carry our tubes to. The ride was ok until the first and middle drop. Flipped out of my tube twice. I would not take a small child on this ride. We also ride the cliffhanger that was a tube shoot. The river exit off the ride bottlenecked. One lifeguard pushing all these tubes through. My 14 year old daughter got pinned between tubes with people pushing and shoving to get through. Definitely needed more life guards in this area. Then a very long walk back to the ride area.
We bought combo meal deals and went to any stand for lunch. The burgers were amazing. But since we didn't steak out a picnic table when the doors opened there was nowhere to sit. I feel they should have designates tables for the eateries. We also punched the souvenir cup with unlimited refills. Prices were very reasonable for an amusement park. We are farm bureau members and got excellent pricing through our membership.
After lunch we headed to the east side via shuttle bus. No wait time. East side was less crowded and a little easier to navigate. The kids went and did their rides while hubby and I floated the lazy river and wave pool.
Although it was a must see and do for New Braunfels we most likely will not be back. I think I was spoiled from Schillterbahn Galveston that is a much newer park and more open for less crowdedness.

Tips: get there early. You can bring coolers with own food and drinks. Check with your memberships for discounts. Avoid holiday weekends. Hold on to your babies. Wear comfortable shoes.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Schlitterbahn is my favorite water park! My family has been going every year for 20 years. I love the fact that they have continued to add and improve the park!

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

One of the best waterplaces in texas, will be visiting again soon! Don't miss out on newest of the 2 parks!!