“Poor Service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

1 waitress 1 cook. People getting food before us that came in after us. Never turned in order. After 30 mins we left. Mgr didn't care. Couldn't handle all the people. Poor service poor management and poor waitress. Other people commented on slow service as well. Go at on risk.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Stopped in for breakfast on a Thursday while in town for the Wurstfest, about 8:00 am and there was no wait. Coffee was hot and refills were good. I had the French toast (4 half slices) with two eggs, sunny side up, and two sausages for $7.99. Fair price. It was a good average breakfast. I should have had the eggs over easy as they were slightly under-cooked. My spouse had an omelet, mushrooms and spinach, large enough to take some home. The room filled as we ate and it does look like a favorite among the locals. Friendly owner was all over the place, helping. Maybe an upgrade to the decor needed?

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

While in town for Wurstfest, we had breakfast here. The atmosphere was quite nice, and the food was delicious. We didn't mind the wait, as it provided time to visit and take. In the atmosphere. Staff was friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Here is, hopefully, all you need to know about this place. It's a small diner. The atmosphere is nice an it has an old town charm. The service is slow. Maybe it's a Sunday thing. But my wife and I waited 45 minutes for a southwestern omelete, scrambled eggs, two sausage patties, and hashbrowns. That's 30 minutes longer than it should take to cook that order. I had a feeling the experience was going to be mediocre. My first hint is always the menu. The menu is too large. When you cater to everyone, you cater to no one. Too many omelete styles, too many waffle and pancake options. Seriously. It's too much. Cut the menu, and be excellent at the few items. I mean you have migas. Why? It's like having quesadillas at a Chinese restaurant. This place has serious potential. It just needs a good leader.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This place got such good reviews we had to try it. I don't know why they hype. It was a typical greasy spoon at best. We waited almost a half hour to be seated. Our drink order was taken fast by someone helping out. The waitress came over fairly quickly to take our order but after that it took forever to get our food. Almost another half hour for an omelette, an order of french toast and one of their specials. The french toast was the worst I've ever had. It was so soggy and cold in some spots, although the plate it was served on was really hot. The eggs were decent but the "well done" bacon was barely cooked and the pancakes were tough. The waitstaff was attentive and very friendly but for a $36 breakfast for 3, I expect better tasting food.

Date of visit: September 2017