“Has potential, but not worth the wait.”

Union Station Diner
Ranked #39 of 291 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a locally owned American Diner serving breakfast from open to close. We offer 55 types of Omelettes, pancakes, Belgium waffles,Migas, SOS, biscuits & gravy, french toast, bacon, sausage, egg plates, happy face pancakes for kids, breakfast tacos, etc. We also serve a variety of lunch sandwiches, salads and platters including cheeseburgers, club sandwiches, chicken fried steak, chicken tenders, hamburger steak, meatloaf, chili, liver & onions, grilled chicken sandwich, etc. There is something for everyone! Come see us at this train station themed diner decorated with old train memorabilia. Very reasonable prices.
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Here is, hopefully, all you need to know about this place. It's a small diner. The atmosphere is nice an it has an old town charm. The service is slow. Maybe it's a Sunday thing. But my wife and I waited 45 minutes for a southwestern omelete, scrambled eggs, two sausage patties, and hashbrowns. That's 30 minutes longer than it should take to cook that order. I had a feeling the experience was going to be mediocre. My first hint is always the menu. The menu is too large. When you cater to everyone, you cater to no one. Too many omelete styles, too many waffle and pancake options. Seriously. It's too much. Cut the menu, and be excellent at the few items. I mean you have migas. Why? It's like having quesadillas at a Chinese restaurant. This place has serious potential. It just needs a good leader.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This place got such good reviews we had to try it. I don't know why they hype. It was a typical greasy spoon at best. We waited almost a half hour to be seated. Our drink order was taken fast by someone helping out. The waitress came over fairly quickly to take our order but after that it took forever to get our food. Almost another half hour for an omelette, an order of french toast and one of their specials. The french toast was the worst I've ever had. It was so soggy and cold in some spots, although the plate it was served on was really hot. The eggs were decent but the "well done" bacon was barely cooked and the pancakes were tough. The waitstaff was attentive and very friendly but for a $36 breakfast for 3, I expect better tasting food.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My lady and I went to the Union Station this past Friday morning. We were pleasantly surprised. This cozy café is as good or better, in some areas, than the currently #1 ranked breakfast café in New Braunfels, Texas.
The biscuits were huge and tasted more home made than any breakfast café that I've been to in 20 years! Also, the sausage gravy was great. The omelet I had was cooked perfectly, and delicious.
My title was coffee mug never got empty. I love coffee and drink lots! Our waitress was very attentive and even though the place was packed she came around and refilled my cup many times, and always with a smile. The service was outstanding!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The best omelette I have had away from home in a very long time. Prices were modest and service great. A friendly morning meeting place with way better than average meals. The building mimics an old Texas train Depot. No hesitation to recommend this breakfast spot.

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We love to go to local spots for food that have a good back story. And this place didn't disappoint. Had breakfast and it was amazing!! Great food and service.

1  Thank Chasity J