“One of the nicer hotels in town, hot water an issue”

Comfort Suites Nacogdoches
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Reviewed 20 May 2017

In town for the SFA graduation along with thousands of other people, and the hotel did a good job despite the crowds. There was even a small display congratulating the new grads, along with snacks, in the lobby, which I thought was a nice touch.

Check-in was quick. Our room was a nice size, with a small sitting area and enough counter space in the bathroom and closet space. The area around the bed did not feel cramped. There were enough coffee amenities, and the extra blanket in the closet was appreciated. Breakfast in the morning was good, with a decent selection of hot entrees, cereals and pastries, and adequate coffee. The staff did a good job of keeping that area clean. In fact the whole place was very clean.

Our room was quiet, and my only real complaints are pillows and hot water. The large number of pillows were all very soft, so you woke up with a stiff neck no matter how you arranged them. The hot water never got really hot, no matter when we took a shower; barely hot enough was how I would characterize it, like they had set the boiler temp at 100 degrees or so and called it done.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms right across from the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
gmtxa63, General Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words and input on areas we could improve.

We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and have ensured new pillows have been placed in this room to ensure the best experience of service the next time you are in town. I don't recall any hot water complaints, so my maintenance staff had to make adjustments in the shower but everything is up to par.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I normally make reservations in advance but on this spur of the moment weekend trip in early April, we needed hotel accommodations. Called Comfort Suites Nacogdoches late Saturday afternoon & got just what we wanted for that night...very clean & comfortable room at a very reasonable rate, heated indoor swimming pool, and very friendly & helpful hotel staff. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.

We strive to be your home away from home and are gad to hear that your "spur of the moment trip to Nacogdoches" went well at our hotel! The great thing about our property is that our pool is indoor and heated so you can swim all year round!

Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

This review is a little late coming but I wanted to give the hotel a chance to respond. I admit that I messed up up and booked the wrong night(day to early). I decided to travel immediately after work @ 1 am traveled all night, got to the hotel @ 6:30 am and the reservation had been canceled as a no show, even though I called and told them I was coming and the choice hotel guarantee policy says the room would be available until 7 am the day after check in.(so much for guarantee). They then charge me for for early check in. No manager on site that weekend.
So I paid for a room I didn't get,charged for early check in and no one from comfort inn or choice hotels cares to respond
Guarantee policy means nothing. Customer service means nothing.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JamesAbilene

We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way, I never want to hear that we have unsatisfied guests. We understand that guests make mistakes in booking rooms sometimes that they do not need in error, and I do my best to assist them in resolving the matter. However, I do not want our hotel portrayed in a negative manner on social media for something we were not responsible for.

I was off the day that you wanted to cancel the rooms after 7pm. Our cancel policy is 4pm, but in actuality you booked a reservation that was non-cancelable. My staff reached out to me, and I called you to try to assist in the matter and was cursed and hung up on. My attempts in resolving the matter with you failed when I was hung up on several times.

Our goal is to do what it takes to ensure excellence in guest satisfaction & I'm always here to assist in any manner even if I am off.

We again are sorry that you feel the way that you do and if you would like to be assisted, feel free to call us back.

Management
936-560-9900

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Pros: Friendly customer service, A/C works great in room
Cons: Large chunks of paint missing from the inside bathroom door, bathtub faucet runs nonstop when turned off, pool was advertised as being heated but is very cold, a large beeping crane was let in the lobby when I was eating breakfast, breakfast tasted as though it had been sitting out for an entire day, Wifi was as slow as dialup.

Room Tip: Hotel needs a complete renovation and even a new corporate takeover. Facilities are older, including...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear Trey,

Catherine Evans
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel has great access parking is easy.Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.The rooms at this hotel were very clean and well stocked the bed was comfortable and the air conditioner was one of the most quite I have heard.I feel that Comfort Suits are the best value motels available.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

We are glad that you felt rested, and was set to go!