“loved my stay”

Comfort Suites Nacogdoches
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Reviewed 12 June 2008

my stay at comfort suites in nacogdoches was lovely. there is really nothing that i could complain about the room - it was great and the price was equivalent to other hotels in the city.
the main reason i wanted to write this review is to praise the employees. all that i interacted with were very pleasant and helpful, however there was one young lady - jessica - who i would have to say went above and beyond her job specifications in order to help out a customer. long story short - i was in desperate need of a blouse for a business meeting and there were no stores open as late as it was and none would be open in time for my meeting. i had all but ruined the one that i had planned on wearing whenever a bottle of makeup had spilt in my luggage that it was packed in. after inquiring with jessica at the front desk if she knew of any open stores and telling her my problem - she found out my size and called around to her friends until she found someone my size that had a blouse that would match my outfit. she made arrangements for the blouse to be brought to the hotel and my meeting and trip was saved. i offered to pay her for the extra help - or even for the rental of the blouse but she would not have it...she just had a genuine pleasure in helping me out. you do not see neighbor helping neighbor much these days much less stranger helping stranger. i will forever be grateful to miss jessica and comfort suites.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 20 March 2008

new, clean but that is the only good news about this hotel. Fridge did not work. reported it but it never got fixed. Alarm malfunctioned and sounded repeatedliy beginning at 2:30 am and lasting for more than an hour. Guests were not notified throughout this event that it was a false alarm, I had to call the front desk to get the info. Firetrucks came. I did not get my wake up call as requested. No one apologized for the alarm causing everyone to lose a nights sleep, one we all paid for! How incredibly poor, inept and rude the staff is at that hotel. The breakfast was pitiful, dry tiny muffins. Do not stay at Comfort suites nacogdoches texas ever. This is not a fake review, I gave this same information on the survey I received from choice hotels after my stay, I am still furious that I paid to sleep there. Well actually I paid to be kept up all night. What a crappy place.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank denraydar
Reviewed 17 March 2008

When we first arrived we were told there had been some problems with bookings the nite before and hotel had been overbooked etc. and our room which had been reserved three weeks earlier was no longer avaliable. We had reserved a suite with two beds for two adults. (we are not a couple and wanted our own beds) they offered us a king room with a sleeper sofa. We accepted this if they would be able to provide a mattress to put on top of sleeper sofa. (we are full grown adults and sleeper sofa matress is very thin) We waited a while longer and to our suprise they found us a room with two beds just like we had booked in the first place. We were very pleased until about 2:00 a.m. and smoke alarm in second floor rooms keep going off couldn't explain reason this happened alarm company was called to fix problem. Next problem our air conditioning in our room quick working reported to front desk and this would be reported next morning and they were very sorry. We attempted to sleep with window open, litsten to traffic noise and breath the all the fresh pollen. I do understand things happen but its the manner they choose to handle problems we had no offer of discount for this stay or discount for furture visit, or even sincere apology.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends