“Consistent, reliable eats”

Phil's Roadhouse & Grill
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Montgomery
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have been here numerous times over the past 10 years. We find the food and service to be very consistent and reliable. I prefer the chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetable, all gravy on the side to keep chicken crispy. I always take home enough for another meal. My husband likes the pork chop, not outstanding, but again, he gets what he expects, a decent meal.

The last time, he did order a special appetizer, which he sent back due to excessive spiciness, and they did take it off our check. It's a good place to make a stop for a very casual, American style meal.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Wife had a doctor’s appointment right around the corner. Got the chicken fried chicken and blackened catfish lunch specials! Great food. The waitress was exceptional and very friendly and attentive!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We are old (79/84 ) and did not like the dark room, hard to see menu's , and the loudness of the customers. The food seemed to be brought promptly to those around us and it smelled good and looked to be large servings.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

This place was very MEH!! The appetizer of fried jalapenos was ok aswell as my wife's pickles. On the flip side the main course myself having the Cajun river with loaded mash and onion rings was just ok, the mash was luke warm and lumpy and the steak for $27 was over cooked and very fatty. On the other hand my wife enjoyed the taste of her steak although over done the flavor was nice for her, with her steak she had a salad where she had to pick out pink pieces of lettuce and sweet potato waffle fries which where ok. Our big complaint really has to be the drinks I had lemonade she had strawberry fanta (NOT FANTA) both equally terrible and had the same odd flavor. Finally the service, although adequate and the server was friendly at one point he came to the table saying I'll get these plates put of your way whilst I was still eating and also dropping the check at the table mid main course saying "I'll leave this here no rush" before asking if we wanted anything else or any desert which we were planning on but changed our mind because of that. On that note I would not go back for steak maybe I'd give it a try for a burger one day MAYBE.

1  Thank marty1282
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Found the restaurant nice and clean and rustic. Greeted by a smiling hostess and our waitress had a wonderful personality. Very attentive and great service. Both got the chicken fried chicken with sides. Very good food and more than we could eat. The couple next to us said” next time let’s only order one order with an extra plate. Way to much food.” We will be going back!!!