“Strike three”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My wife and I dined (or attempted to) this evening at approx 5 pm. After we got seated anf our food selection, we sat down to eat and noticed the majority of the items were not even luke warm much less to serving temp. The "manager" on duty, who was also the cashier asked us how our meal was as we were paying our check, he then proceeded to argue and basically called us a liar for simply answering his question. If he is wanting a career dealing with customers he definately needs to learn some customer service skills. We will not be returning.

2  Thank ronferguson1953

Reviewed 19 December 2017

This restaurant has been here since the year 1, I think. It's a fixture in town, and the food is both Mexican and American. The biggest draw are the two large buffets, one primarily Mexican and one primarily American. The food on the buffet is what you'd expect - somewhat bland but at least eating temperature. And there's lots of it. There are separate salad and dessert buffets, along with soups.

If you order off the menu, as I did, your meal will be prepared as you like it and it will be hot when it arrives. I ordered an 8 ounce top sirloin with typical sides, and it covered the plate. It was prepared perfectly, very flavorful, but too much meat for me, and I couldn't take a box home, since I was on a trip and staying at a hotel. My wife had a chimichanga which was perfect as well. The bill was modest: the two meals, drinks and coffee for under $35.

2  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Love coming here with family & friends.. whether we want a full blown meal or dinner & drinks.. It is truly amazing.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Second time going to Paredes and still the same result. Just nasty and the food has no taste what so ever. I would like to try the non restaurant good but thinking that it would be nasty as well. I have been to better places and this is not my go to restaurant.

1  Thank Zuri M
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We enjoyed our dinner here while staying in Mineola. We were surprised at the large buffets of Mexican and American foods, We especially enjoyed the catfish, fried chicken, chicken fried steak and chicken enchiladas. There was also a variety of yummy desserts. Friendly service. Reasonably priced too!

1  Thank SheWh0L0vesT0Travel

Been to Paredes Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!