All reviews double tree cookies free valet parking third floor wall street in town full service nice hotel breakfast buffet midland area staff was friendly called the front desk business trip upon check the oil boom texas linens
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Appeared that we caught them at a slow time, which was around the Christmas/New Year holidays. Also appears that perhaps the downtown area isn’t that busy during the weekends or holidays. Most of the “life” appeared to be out in the suburbs. Stayed in Room 1003 (North Tower, faces into the pool area). The room was a bit worn (e.g., the footstool faux leather was peeling off) but acceptable for us. Decent TV channel selection.

The room was noisy! I had read a review advising to select a room that was some distance from the elevator, but I assumed that the noise was from guests getting on/off. Our assigned room was close to the elevator, so I asked for one that was a couple of doors further away. It turned out that the elevator noise came simply from the mechanical noise that they emitted, which was considerable and disrupted our sleep. Every time the elevator set off, a low whine, which sounded a tornado warning siren, was heard. Additional noise came from trains passing nearby. Noise from air handling machines was constant, but it was actually enough like white noise that we appreciated how it countered the elevator and train noise a bit (but not enough).

The breakfast buffet was good. Plenty of choices. Vivlyn was a nice server.

Parking in the nearby garage (only allowed on floors 5 or 6) was a bit awkward. Limited space elsewhere on the street. Valet for $8/day available.

The price charged for our room and breakfast was pretty good, but next time we’d want to be as far away from the elevators and trains as possible (perhaps they don’t offer good deals for those rooms?).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the north tower that are close to the elevators and that look over the railroad tracks. They are very noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Helen F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your time and effort. Our pricing is consistent throughout the building, it does not matter which area of the hotel you are in. Only the suites are higher priced. I hope that you will return and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for the consistency of front desk hospitality, cleanliness and sucurity that is found with the Hilton brand you might not want to stay here.
We have stayed here several times over the past 18 years and this last time will be the last.

Front desk. They were nice and polite but as for making you feel welcomed to their hotel and wanting to help you in any way was lacking.

Cleanliness. Common areas are worn and need updating or maybe just some TLC would help. Room was fine but a bathroom light was out.

Sucurity. We came back to the hotel late after celebrating a anniversary. Went to the hotel bar for a night cap. The crowd was not hotel guests. Seemed like some gang is running the place including a guy I’m betting $100 could of bought anything. We had one drink and left to go outside for a smoke. Guys in the smoking area in conversation all had been in prison and still looked the part.

If you are looking for a Motel 6 experience this is your hotel. Sad being it once was the nicest hotel in Midland.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. The weekend you were with us we were the host hotel for the tattoo and barber convention, those were tattoo artists and business owners in our bar. As well as convention patrons. We do not have gang activity in our bar. We also had signage up around the building. I'm sorry for your confusion, our front desk could have cleared that up for you.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I had to travel to Midland for Business. Stayed downtown as it was close to the offices i needed to visit, Typical Midland Area Hotels are WAY Overpriced for what you get for half the cost anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, even with the pricing in our area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you anytime that you are in Midland.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Definitely needs to be upgraded in all aspects top to bottom. The hotel for being in Midland Plaza was very cold and dark. There was little to no food options, amenities and parking is very limited. The smell in the room was icky

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Helen F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

I am so very sorry that you did not enjoy your time here. It was a rainy grey weekend. There are multiple food options in the downtown area. Should you ever find your self downtown again; please ask us, we would be more than happy to direct you to several of our downtown dining options. Even if you are not our guest.... we are always happy to help!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I stayed here for a week in September 2018, and first off, this hotel gave me pink eye. The cleanliness is not up to par for any hotel, let alone the DoubleTree standard. The Hilton brand is inconsistent, as I stayed (and got married) at the DoubleTree in Edmonton, Alberta and the food, service, and cleanliness at that location was exceptional! This hotel in Midland was dirty. Upon arrival I noticed that the hallway leading to my room had a big wet stain, and crumbs, which was not cleaned for 2 days! My room did not appear to be vacuumed as the mud from my field visits was still sitting in the same spot on the carpet from the days prior. When I also arrived, I noticed the countertop in the bathroom was sticky, and clearly had not been wiped down properly. When I used the hotel's little soap, shampoo, conditioner bottles, I was not given new ones when the old ones ran out. This is standard practice I have observed in every hotel, so clearly this hotel is too cheap to even give you new shampoo/conditioner. The hotel is located near train tracks. In the middle of the night, the trains go by every 2 hours, and it is SO LOUD. I did not get a good night's sleep for 1 week as the trains feel like they will come through the hotel, that is how loud they are. The breakfast options are bleak, but the only good thing is the fresh omlette station for those who eat eggs. I would NOT RECOMMEND anyone staying here, there seem to be much better options in town. I paid over $200 USD a night for this hotel which was absolutely not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank gajragoyal
Helen F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

I am very sorry that you were not happy with your stay. I will speak to the Executive Housekeeper about the issues you mentioned in your room. We unfortunately have no control over the train, we are asking for a quiet zone near the building but it is a time consuming process. We did have some water issues during all of that rain and are working hard on repairs.