All reviews pool party rain shower on arrival pool area fridge and microwave walk in shower memory foam mattress bed and breakfast lovely hotel half board show cooking glass of bubbly massive bed garden room breakfast is served small hotel courtesy room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I will start with by bad points, 1. Even though there are signs up saying not too people are still putting towels on “the best” beds and NOTHING is being done about this. I got a bed after having an early breakfast one day, and the towels next to my bed were reserved from 9am until nearly 3pm when the couple came out and laid on their “reserved bed” for an hour then left! Infuriating! See attached photo.
Bad point number 2. The maids are awful yes they are polite etc. but they simply do not do their job, I didn’t need much other than fresh towels and clean cups! 3 our of 7 days this did not happen... why I do not know but I could go get fresh towels at reception.

Otherwise for a young couple or young group of friends this hotel is great, it’s modern fresh not dated, very clean in communal areas, restaurant and pool. Breakfast was really delicious hot and all fresh, same each day. Air con actually worked and was very good.
Pool was very clean, smaller than I expected but fine. The sun beds around the pool were had to be judged for when you would get sun during the day as on one side of the pool the sun has come off you at around 2/3pm.
Location is great right next to the party strip. But I did not hear a peep of noise.
Views from the hotel are not great but you are in a built up area, so not devastating. Also which is a real plus they have a back gate so that you are not harassed everyone you leave your hotel by all the PR people trying to get you in their clubs/bars. This is locked at 9.50pm.
All staff are very friendly and welcoming and if they are alerted to an issue they will try to help.
All in all I would return all very pretty small hotel and I enjoyed my stay . Nearly a four star, not quite.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JulieZanatta, Director de Recepción at Vanilla Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Emma,

First of all thank you for the precious time you have spent to write about your experience in Vanilla Garden.

As you rightly point out in your comment, the reservation of sunbeds is not allowed, and although it is established in the hotel rules, which you can find in each room, and on the signs around the pool and solarium, there are still people who lay their towels on the sunbeds and do not use them afterwards. We are currently working on a system so that this does not happen.

As for the cleaning and provisioning of your room, we find on many occasions that the client activates the "Do Not Disturb" sign, and although I am not ensuring that this is the case, it is true that this is one of the main reasons by which the maids must move to another room and follow the instructions of the signal.

As for the rest of your comment, we are delighted that you are thinking of visiting us again.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my partner.. lovely hotel nice and clean lovely pool area. Staff were lovely and friendly but the main downfall was the food. The breakfast was nice apart from the sausages not being cooked properly. Also the food in the evening was shocking had to eat out more which is disappointing. We paid quite a lot of money for the hotel so would expect some decent food.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JulieZanatta, Director de Recepción at Vanilla Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guests

Thank you for sharing your review of Vanilla Garden Hotel **** through TripAdvisor.

We are glad you liked our hotel and rooms :)

I'll personally transfer the comments about the food cooking to my colleagues and to our Chef to proceed to changes as soon as possible !

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to Vanilla Garden Hotel ****.

Do not hesitate to contact us before coming back for anything you could need or want. We are here at your entire disposal very glad to help you.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We're just back from the Vanilla Garden Hotel and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in a pool view room which was immaculate and very modern with a huge bed and large balcony. The pool area was lit up at night time which was so pretty. On our last 2 nights as a surprise my boyfriend upgraded our room to the Junior Deluxe Suite which was outstanding, the patio was huge with 2 sun loungers, patio couches, another table and chairs and a jacuzzi. Our bed overlooked the mountains too, it was perfect. He said he wouldn't of managed the birthday surprise without the help of the staff, particularly Julie who made the process of changing rooms without me knowing flawless, thanks so much for all your help. Marie as reception was so friendly and helpful too and she made the check in smooth with a warm welcome and a glass of cava. On our last day we wished to have a late check out, our suite wasn't available but we were lucky enough to be given the Palm Suite which was yet another beautiful large room with a separate bedroom. All three rooms were beautiful. The only fault I would give is the 2 for 1 cocktails are just half the normal sized cocktails lol, but they are still delicious. All in I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay for the pool view - it's worth the extra
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gillb91

Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing such a nice review of Vanilla Garden Hotel **** through TripAdvisor.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us ! I'm personally really happy to read that you enjoyed the birthday surprise we organize with your boyfriend !

I'll of course transfer all the nice comments to my colleagues and to the Management ! :)

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Small and stylish hotel in a good location to explore the area - you can walk for miles along the coast, Los Cristianos to the left and Costa Adeje to the right - although Vanilla Garden is in by far the best location of Playa de las Americas!

Glass of cava on arrival, lovely welcome, instantly felt relaxed and calm in the open space of the bar/reception area with lots of plants around.

We booked a pool view room, unfortunately overlooking the restaurant area more than the pool which was disappointing, but still - a lovely modern and bright room and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony every evening playing cards.

Dinner was good, a fairly small choice, but it was always hot and tasty, and you could have the chef cook you a fish or a meat dish fresh which was nice. Drinks were reasonably priced too and there was often some very tasteful entertainment.

Would have loved a late checkout as not leaving until 6ish, but were only given a room for half hour to freshen up.

Despite a few negatives, we both agree we would come back, super chilled adults only hotel with lovely food and in the perfect spot near the beaches.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Thomrosetravels

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing a positive review of Vanilla Garden Hotel **** through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay.

As it's a Boutique Hotel quite small the Restaurant is next to the Pool so sometimes you can see it from the balcony too :) Also the hotel is quite fully booked all year long so it's not always guaranteed to have Late Check-Out, I'm glad you apreciate the Free Courtesy Room !

Reviewed 30 August 2018

If you are looking for something special, avoiding the giant hotels with no "personality" this hotel is just perfect.
It has been newly renovated in its typical canarian style, with not too many rooms which are located in small appartments (similar to bungalows) and everything surrounded by some local plants and flowers.
You can choose between standard rooms which are cosy, cleaned and big enough with also a private balcony with sunbed and beach umbrella or superior rooms with view over the swimming pool.
There is also a small gym, a jacuzzi and possibility to book massage service.
Main guests are young couples or group of friends, I did not see any family with children.

I really appreciated the service given for check out. The check out time is normally midday, you can of course leave your luggages at the reception but if you want to enjoy your day at the pool or at the beach you can ask to book for half an hour a "service room" to have a shower before your departure.

The staff is very kind and helpful. The buffet breakfast and dinner have a wide choice of food, between cold and hot. At breakfast you can also find gluten free cereals or soy milk, in case you have allergies. At dinner you can also ask for a grilled fish or meat (there is always the option between two). Otherwise you can enjoy beside the standard buffet, the special one which changes every day (english food, canary food, asian food etc.).

Just one negative note that I notice was that dishes and cutlery were not always super cleaned.

In the complex I really liked the hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Silvia D
JulieZanatta, Director de Recepción at Vanilla Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Silvia,

Thank you for so much for sharing such a nice review of Vanilla Garden Hotel **** through TripAdvisor.

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Vanilla Garden Hotel**** and all the nice comments about our facilities and services !

We always try our best to make you feel like home until the last moments of your stay !
I will transfer your nice comments to our staff so we can improve !

Do not hesitate to contact with me for your next stay in Tenerife, I will be glad to help you with anything you need :)

Kind regards!!