“ Overrated reviews”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After walking past the restaurant for a week and then reading the reviews we thought we would give it a try. We entered the restaurant to be asked if we had booked and I said no. There were plenty of tables. I also advised that in the afternoon I had rang their number to book but nobody answered. The waiter then looked at us if we were a bit of an inconvenience and then offered us a table for 2 and pinched a chair from another table.
Another waiter came across and there was no smile just asked us what we wanted to drink. We ordered and after trying to explain 3 times we wanted an extra glass for the sangria which she then forgot we looked at the menu. The starters were ordered and I must mention the black poop lines were still in the prawns. The waiter was moving my husbands plates before myself and my daughter had finished ours. We ordered 3 fillet steaks one rare and 2 medium. We asked to send one of the medium back as it was really rare to which the waiter bent down to look at it pulled his face and then took it away. My medium steak was just bearable but I left half of it due to it being very fatty and basically tasteless. My husbands rare steak was ok but again he said they hadn’t been seasoned properly and his was tasteless.
Throughout the meal not one of the waiters smiled or spoke to us. The head waiter was more interested at jamming as many people into the restaurant as possible which meant us having to stop eating so he could move chairs about.
We were asked if the meal was ok and I advised no mine was fatty and the waiter pulled her face and that was it. We asked for the bill it was just under 90 euros. I gave the exact money due to the bad service and the quality of the meat.
Tried and will not be returning. Would rather go to macdonalds better quality of meat!!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

After all the recommendations me , my husband , daughter and father in law decided to visit sugar and spices ... I can honestly say Iv never tasted a fillet steak like the one I had here it literally tasted like heaven . I don’t eat peppercorn sauce but my husband and father in law never shut up about how gorgeous it was for the rest of the holiday our waiter was so so lovely also ! If u haven’t already go eat here u will not regret it !

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Reserved a table here as was recommend...sat for 20 minutes before being offered a drink or given a menu. Gave order never got water but was charged for it. Food was lovley however service was dreadful. Disappointed.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner 2 nights of my 10 day holiday burgers great also the prawns starter and the mixed pate friendly staff nice place for a family dinner
Rachel

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Went to this restaurant as part of a group of 9 for a birthday meal, we chose here as it had been recommended to us by friends that live in tenerife. The food did not disappoint it is very nice, i had pork medallions with balsamic oil, apples and fried onions, some of the party had the fillet steak which melted in the mouth, some may find the prices a little bit higher than some of the other restaurants, but i would definitely say it is worth it. The service was a bit slow to start with, but this did improve, all the staff were very friendly.