See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2007

Been to this hotel twice...the first time was great, hence why we went back. The first time - nice staff and clean apartment. The second time we went we were given a better room with our own private terrace which was pretty swish. However we were frequently finding cockroaches, both inside and outside on the terrace. Needless to say this wasn't particularly pleasant, especially when you are sleeping on a pull out bed on the floor.

We complained several times to staff about the cockroaches, however they didn't spray any roach killer until the day we left. This annoyed us thoroughly. I seem to recall we also had problems with the electricity, it went off a couple of times.

Apart from these problems, we had a good holiday.. I think Playa de las Americas has generally gone down hill...however there are plenty of good bars and restaurants to keep yourselves entertained. The hotel is ideally situated by the beach and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2004, travelled with family
3  Thank jaffakins
Reviewed 9 April 2007

We stayed here on the 23-3-07 the bedroom was under the swimming pool and the lights in the room did not work also the coin box to operate the TV was forced open the staff were un-heplful to our problems.
If you stay there and you book a 1 bedroom ask for a room above not under the pool This is our second time to stay here and our last

2 Guess were robbed of $1000 in the lift on the day of arrival

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank zxcvbnmDublin
Reviewed 27 March 2007

we went to this hotel and the first night we stayed there we found out that there was no toilet roll no bath towels no electricity and we had to clean the bathroom ourself but the service was ok but there
was a restaurant called francis which was perfect we loved it we went
there the night life was brill we are going to another hotel a 5* in april 2008

2  Thank babe_16
Reviewed 24 March 2007

We booked this hotel off the internet and have to say it was a very enjoyable stay.From the moment we arrived and were greeted at reception until the day we left the staff were pleasant helpful and very accomodating.

The hotel in general was very clean and well kept, the pool area was well kept and had a child friendly pool also.

Eating at the hotel resteraunt was very good value for money and the food was very good. For a hotel that is rated at 3* it could give a lot of 5* hotels a run for their money. Well positioned for local entertainment and food and only a 5 minute walk to the beach and harbour it serves as a good base.Choose a room on floors 6-8 poolside for fantasic views over the harbour and out to sea,very relaxing early evening it has to be said, we are very selective people in what we like and this hotel and staff ticked all the boxes and made it a great holiday.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank ripoff20
Reviewed 11 December 2006

I booked this property (from a limited range of options) based on the reviews here, and I was very disappointed overall. The hotel has a new name, Villa de Adeje Beach, but I wasn't able to find out if it has also changed management. We were travelling with a 15 month old almost-toddler and we needed a 1-bed apartment with a bit of space, which was both clean and quiet at night. However, first impressions were poor, and they didn't improve much.

We arrived at 4pm (after getting up at 6am) and our room wasn't ready, despite the fact that we were the only family on the coach with an infant and all the other rooms were ready. When I asked if we could have a room which was ready, "I'm sorry, it's not possible". We'd asked for a room above the fifth floor but were allocated one on the third floor, below the pool bar. Could we have a higher up room? "I'm sorry, it's not possible". The rooms below reception are not directly served by the lift - when you get off, you have to lift the buggy down 9 steps to get to the room level (and every time you go in or out). We weren't the only family with an infant down there either, and it was really awkward. Also, the rooms were quite small, with awkward corners which we were always bumping ourselves on. (Later in our stay we saw into other 1-bed apartments on the 4th floor during the maid service, and they were much bigger.) The restaurant was on the same level as the lift, but we were not allowed to access it from that level - we had to go up the 9 steps, up one floor in the lift, all the way along the corridor to reception, then down 20 or more steps at the other end.

The first impression was that it was very clean - but after our daughter had been crawling around the apartment for half an hour, she was filthy - and she hadn't even been out on the balcony. No soap provided in the bathroom. The maid service was a bit hit-and-miss. She came five times a week, when she made the beds and emptied the bins. Sometimes the floors were swept, sometimes not (I got the impression they were swept when we were in the room at the time but not necessarily otherwise). The towels were changed five times in the first week, then not for five days thereafter. I didn't complain at first, thought they must surely be changed tomorrow. When I did finally ask for clean towels on the fifth evening, "I'm sorry, it's not possible, the linen cupboards are locked". They were changed the next day. The bedlinen was changed on day 12.

We booked self catering but had breakfast in the hotel each day, 5 euro buffet. Expensive compared to breakfasts outside, but convenient. However the high chair table wasn't washed for 10 days - what our daughter spilled the first morning remained. After that we removed the tray table and didn't use it.

On the safety front, there were dangerous gaps between the stairs and the bannisters, it would be very easy for a small child to fall through.

The children's playroom was closed; when I asked if we could have access for half an hour, "I'm sorry, it's not possible".

The day before we were due to leave, the telephone rang at 5am - an alarm call for a different room. The caller insisted we'd booked the call and when I got the chance to point out that it was for a different room, I got a perfunctory "sorry". Immediately I hung up, he rang back again - the same wrong number. I left the phone unplugged after that, and it took me 45 minutes to get our daughter back to sleep again.

Checkout time is 10am. When asked if we could keep the room longer, "of course - that'll be 25 euro". We thought this a bit steep, especially since we had to wait an hour on arrival before we even got a room. Needless to say, we didn't avail of their offer.

Food was available from 8.30am until 9.30pm - except between 5pm-7.30pm which is when you need it with a young child.

On the plus side: good location near the beach, shops and restaurants. Mostly quiet at night, although there is loud music from the outside barbecue twice a week (but this ceases at 10.30 so not too bad). Staff were all very friendly, if not very helpful at times. The courtesy departure room is very good - showers and toilets, a kitchen, plenty of seating and loads of space to park luggage.

In summary, we were not impressed and wouldn't recommend this accommodation for anyone with young children.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family