“Excellent meal & good service!”

Aberdeen Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2018

You have to be very careful that you have the right Aberdeen Steakhouse here! This one is opposite the hotel Santiago & some of the reviews I've read are for the wrong restaurant entirely!
We decided that we would give this restaurant a try after eating at the Chinese next door a couple of nights previously. The place looked really busy which is always a good sign. I went for the 18Oz T bone and my wife for the grilled chicken. I must say, this is one of the best steaks I've had in a long time! The meal came out as ordered (medium-well done) on a sizzling platter with more vegetables than anyone could possibly eat in one sitting! My wife's chicken was far more than she could manage and was very well cooked. We were both very happy with the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the staff considering how busy the restaurant was. Full marks and would definitely visit here again if in town!

1  Thank Ivor M

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Typical of a restaurant trying to do everything, but doing it all badly. Your virtually drag in off the street, seated and deserted, we stopped for lunch, service was slow, and poor.
We ordered burgers, with no tomato because of an allergy, but my partners came with the tomato in it, we sent it back, stating it needed to be cooked again from scratch, but a minute later it appeared again and the egg inside was the same egg, after a third attempt we told them to forget it. My burger which I ate a couple of bits of was cold on the outside and boiling in the middle, so cooked in advance and microwaved. They were also the cheapest burgers you could of bought and defiantly not beef.

Overall avoid this place unless you want a bad tummy.

1  Thank Lynda W
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Poorly cooked breakfast. Extremely greasy so ended up using napkins to soak some oil up. All deep fried, eggs hard, sausages over done, some items cold .orange juice was dilute. Cheap watery beans. More pride needed in what they do. !!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Well this wasn’t the worst meal I’ve ever had, it was edible (ish). We were dragged in, tempted by the very cheap prices. I wanted ribs, the guy at the door convinced me I could have the mixed grill which had a few ribs on for 7€. I fell for it. When it arrived it was a plate of chewy cuts of meat, bacon and a frozen sausage. No ribs! On the table next to us was a lovely plate of ribs that I wish I had ordered. My son had a very dry roast chicken, the salad looked like it had been in the tumble dryer and the wine is really rough! They put bread on your table at the start, and then charge you €1.20 each for it. The staff are very friendly though, but the food, not so good. I wouldn’t bother going again, for a few euros more we went to a lovely Italian a few nights earlier. My recommendation would be...walk past it!

1  Thank Antonia P
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a meal while walking home from the beach, staff friendly enough, my friend had a steak and really enjoyed it , cocktails where nice , will return