“Very nice place with excellent staff”

Steakhouse El Rancho
Price range: USD 1 - USD 27
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Even this restaurant may look like a typical "tourist restaurant" (where you usually get disappointed) this really isn't. Actually, food was very good and staff was very happy and kind all the time. :)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Location was handy to our hotel and there was a great range of items on the menu. The ambiance and decor was great. Food was average, my chicken quesadilla was very bland with a cheap almost plastic tasting cheese melted on top. Portion sizes were smaller than expected and we would’ve liked dessert, but found it hard to get the attention of staff members so gave up in the end.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Been there two times now, and very satisfied both times. One of the best T-bones I´ve eaten. Nice and effective personell. Both me and my wife are chefs and really appreciate good food. My wife had a mixed grill. A lot of excellent food. One of the few places I will visit again. Not the cheapest, but not so expensive either. You got what you pay for. Highly reccomend this place.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Starter was bigger than I would expect for a main course. Not posh just great tasting food and lots of it.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The waiters didn’t recognise us at first when we entered the restaurant. When we first was showed to the table the menu was dropped and the waiter ran away. It seems like they had way to much to do but the restaurant was not full. We ordered Mojitos from another waiter. On the picture there was lime and mint leaves, the one we got was with lemon and almost no mint.
The staff seemed displaced and overworked the entire stay being all over the place and nowhere at the same time, we saw seated couples get up and leave while waiting to order as they observed the show. The food was ok but no more than you would expect from your average fast food joint, I managed to finish around half before we left. Premade sauces and little love for the food?

All in all, just your average tourist trap