“Fantastic +++++”
Review of NOVO

NOVO
Cuisines: French
Description: Monday close. Tuesday till Sunday from 19:00 - 24:00pm. Kitchen close after 22:30. Our restaurant presenting you fusion cusine. The combines of different cuisines into a single eating experience.
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Meat, snacks, dessert - everything is amazing! Beautiful restaurant, lovely terrace, excellent service and interesting design of dishes. Competent, friendly, attentive staff and very cute boss!

1  Thank ZloyY
There are newer reviews for NOVO

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Well, this place is decidedly odd. A flat roof building in a residential area just off the tourist areas in Maspalomas. I was lucky enough to book a Saturday for 8pm. We were first to eat, with a Dutch couple arriving shortly after.

I ordered a bottle of Sancerre which was cold but could have done with being a little cooler. It came in an ice bucket which quickly chilled it to my preferred temperature.

The waiter and owner both came out to chat. At first it felt a little odd but we soon realised these were what made this restaurant different, the personal attention.

The warm bread and aoli dressing was a nice appetiser, not exactly amuse bouche, more rustic.

I ordered tempura prawns which were stunningly good with added sesame and a light hit of Tabasco, I will make these at home as they were really tasty.

My wife had Russian blinis which she attested were lovely and light, not too much cream cheese, something which can spoil a good blini.

For mains I had tenderloin of beef which was amongst the best I have tasted, really delicately seasoned to allow the beef to shine, supported by potato two ways, one way would have been enough. I would suggest that you offer to pre slice the beef. Be assured this beef was top quality with, as requested, no fat hanging around.

My wife had beef stew in a filo pastry pocket, again a delicious but huge portion.

I also ordered a bottle of Domain de Valmont, a very light, fresh Swiss wine, a first for us.

Jonny from Cardiff via New Zealand and Mark from Switzerland are excellent hosts who should be proud of what they are achieving. All I would say is lighten up on the size of the mains and we might have chanced a dessert.

Readers, this place is way better than the nearby shopping and eating centre, Yumbo and much classier. Take a partner and I am sure you will enjoy.

Two courses each, two quality wines, €135 Euro. Easily good value

Congratulations on a rare 5.

1  Thank Dodgers1961
Reviewed 11 August 2017

If you want to have some of the best food on the island you should really head here. We came across this place by chance and are so glad we found it! The restaurant is lovely and modern though most people seem to sit outside which is very intimate and cozy. The service is excellent and very un-intrusive. The food is really quite superb and have probably some of the best steak I have ever eaten!! You must try the creme brûlée. It's to die for!

1  Thank wecaneat
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times over the last couple of years. Always greeted with a very warm welcome by the owner and the food is always excellent. Our favourite dishes (and our recommendations) are the crispy prawns and fennel soup to start and sea bass and the chicken ballotine for mains. If you can, try and book a table ahead on the outdoor terrace as its very charming and quite romantic.

1  Thank quickfeed
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Truly Stunning! First class ambiance, Completely Attentive staff, Excellent Fine Dining. This is not simply a restaraunt, this is an amazing experience from the minute you walk in the door to the sad ending when you know you must leave. Highly recommended. This place is a must when you visit Gran Canaria!

2  Thank Lynn T