6,270 results
All reviewsaloha barthe main hotelfree busself servicehalf boardanimation teamgran canariaapartment blockquieter poolyumbo centreevening entertainmentbuffet restaurantair congreat holidaysuperior roomhotel poolreception staff
Reviewed 11 August 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Honestly and truly an incredibly memorable holiday! Everything was spot on from the committed room clean daily and the fantastic bar and restaurant staff to the amazing animation team (my best part of the holiday ;) There was something for everyone, wide variety of different sports like Tennis, football, mini Golf, Ping Pong or just simply the gym and crossfit classes provided! In this case we were a large family all older so the childrens activities weren't needed but there are many things available for children such as a "teens club" and a small area for younger children to play and make friends, even a pool for toddlers. There was events on everyday such as aqua gym and zumba in the pool, pool party, chef on stage cooking paella, Bingo and many other games and sports. The animation team were mainly the reason I want to go back because they were so welcoming, fun and energetic and even made an effort to remember me and all my "familia" So a massive thank you to all the staff at Occidental Margaritas for looking after us! And thanks to DJ Santana for a sick new Spotify playlist

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank meganhunter99
Fran L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Occidental Margaritas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Megan,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent visit. They help us to understand how our guests experience their stay with us. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear that your holiday at Occidental Margaritas was an enjoyable one. We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with beautiful vacation memories.

Moreover, we thank you for your kind words towards our staff, we are glad to hear that they all contributed to your wellbeing whilst staying among us, from the housekeeping team, doing their utmost to guarantee spotless accommodations and installations at all times, our entertainment team with their enthusiasm and energy, inviting our guests to take part into the lively sports and leisure activities throughout the day and our Mini Club team, with their kindness and professionalism taking care of our little guests and ensuring that they have a nice time and bring back home good memories of their holidays among us.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We were moved to this hotel after the hotel we actually booked was under renovation and my god thank goodness we were placed here.

From the outside this hotel doesn't look like much but obviously do not judge a book by it's cover. We were a large family and we spread out over several rooms, most of them being on the second floor and some were dotted around on the fifth, but this was no trouble to us.

ROOM
Our room was of average/normal size and had two twin beds which weren't attached together (annoying if you're a couple but you'll get over it) and amenities such as mini fridge, hair dryer, large wardrobe, kettle and other helpful bits and bobs. The bathroom was big enough for the two of us, the only issue we had which we seemed to be the only person was the shower. as a walk in shower it had glass which came half way across and we were forever finding the water would run out of the shower and on to the floor. but was minor. Our balcony over looked the deck which was on top of the restaurant and you could also see the stage and pool which was on the lower floor. Double glazed sliding doors partitioned you from the balcony and I found they kept a lot of the entertainment noise out which helped us sleep.

RESTAURANT
In all honestly I can not say a bad word against the restaurant and the food. Everything was delicious and was different every day except for the normal chips and what not. Lots of options available meat dishes, vegetarian, salad you name it it was there. It does get a little busy sometimes but not unbearable.

POOL
There are 2 pools one in the main hotel and the other by the apartment blocks. We never used the apartment block one but we did use the main one. It never felt too crowded even with lots of people in it, there are lots of pool activities available throughout the day for kids and adults. There are sunbeds surrounding the pool which some of them are reserved I believe as they had tags on but we always bathed on the top decking above the restaurant which was never crowded.

ENTERTAINMENT
A big shout out to Carlos and Cappuccino, i feel like without them the entertainment team would be very boring! Both really made us a big family feel welcome and called us their 'Familia' which we were very happy to welcome them into our group. They were great with everyone whether child or adult, even though there are a lot of people staying at the hotel they honestly try their best to remember you and even by name. Some of the evening shows were typical European humor which obviously you can either take it or leave it. Some of the bands were very good and we enjoyed dancing around and singing to them. When we left Carlos came and said goodbye to us which was very nice of him, I would quite happily come back tomorrow knowing I would have a fantastic time with them there.

GYM & CROSSFIT
As a bit of a gym freak I couldn't go too long without visiting the gym. There is a 24 hour gym open on the decking above the restaurant with some treadmills, bikes, dumbells etc. this is very small and sometimes I did find it a little crowded and had to wait for some machines to become available but I worked around that anyway. In all honesty my favorite bit of the hotel is the Crossfit! There were Crossfit training classes about 4 times a day, hats off to Pedro who honestly does an amazing job and is the most supportive and friendly trainer we've had. He really puts you through your paces and is a genuine, all round great guy who was there every morning with a smile on his face, which made the Crossfit pain a bit more bearable! Big Thank you Pedro!

LOCAL AREA
The local area has a lot to offer, a 10 minute walk will take you to the Yumbo centre which is filled with a lot of shops, restaurants and show bars (High recommend Sparkles Show Bar). The beach is maybe a good 30 min walk, I personally didn't walk or go to the beach but others said it was very nice especially with the sand dunes, there is also a free shuttle from the hotel which takes you. There is also a supermarket opposite the hotel, a Spar around a couple of yards down the road and then a local corner shop in the opposite direction. Everything else is easily accessible by taxi or bus.

Overall I would defiantly come back to this hotel, nothing was ever too much hassle for any of the staff. I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Cowhoover118
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We enjoyed our stay very much. We were a couple looking for a relaxing time by the pool with everything at hand and we got just that. Had the all inclusive and overall a good experience, we lacked nothing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Helga B
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I was moved to this hotel from one I was supposed to be staying in and I am so glad we were as we had such an amazing time, the food was good, staff amazing, would definitely stay here again. We joined in all the daytime activities and really enjoyed them

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family