“The best Tiramisu on the island”
Review of Il Vespino Vecchio

Il Vespino Vecchio
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in San Agustin
Reviewed 4 August 2017

What a gem we found with Il Vespino Vecchio! We found it by accident towards the end of our holiday and are only sorry we didn't find it sooner. We received a very warm welcome and were seated in an area beside a lovely little garden. The ambience was just lovely. The menu is fab with some amazing dishes. I would recommend the pasta dish with wild boar ragout however the ravioli with figs and gorgonzola is also amazing. My husband had the specials of marinated tuna and Lubina (fish) which he said were delicious. We were tempted by the dessert menu where the waiter told us they had the best tiramisu on the island. He was not wrong. It's amazing and I would recommend leaving enough room for it. We did not book on either day but I would recommend booking if you want to dine in the evening time. The waiter was very friendly and engaged in conversation with us. The chef does an amazing job there. I would recommend this restaurant to those visiting San Augustin. We can't wait to return to have another fine dining experience.

1  Thank Sandrashoes

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Found via Trip Advisor and so glad we went there. Twice. Octopus (a little bit spicy according to the waiter but actually VERY spicy) was a great starter. A huge, delicate tuna steak cooked to perfection was enjoyed both times and the epically light-but-rich tiramasu would have rounded the evenings off but for the robust coffees and complimentary grappa shots for returning. Service professional but also full of personal banter. Waiters are multilingual which is an absolute godsend for the uneducated like me!! Highly recommended.

1  Thank FoodBeerPartaker
Gaetano C, Propietario at Il Vespino Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thanks for you opinion

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We found this via Trip Advisor and we're certainly not disappointed. We both had the steak with Parmesan and it was delicious. The service was great - I loved how they bought me a hanger for my handbag. A lovely touch.

1  Thank JMC2707
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

4 kids and 4 grownups. Very friendly staff! Nice food. They offered to make special food for the kids since the "ordinary" spaghetti bolognese and lasagne were missingfrom the menu. Great offer and food. Happy kids!
Location easy to find beside big road. Very happy to find this restaurant!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I had a family dinner at Il Vespino Vecchio. The service is super friendly and professional. Attention to detail is remarkable. The food is awesome.