1,994 results
All reviews half board bar staff every night pool view tea and coffee making facilities lovely hotel the michael jackson tribute small fridge plenty of choice plenty of sunbeds evening entertainment animation team walk in shower thomson reps aqua aerobics emailed the hotel english channels
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon and were not disappointed. Upon arrival, we had a bottle of bubbly complimentary from the hotel.
The hotel itself was lovely and clean. Lovely choice of food and great staff.
Would defo go back and recommend.

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank James B
GoldenHotels, Gerente at Golden Port Salou & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your honeymoon and for taking the time to write this review.
It gives us great joy to read that you have enjoyed the hotel, facilities and services.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future to the Golden Port Salou & Spa.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Arrived back in the UK today from spending 10 days in Salou staying at the Port Salou Park. When my children were a lot younger we stayed at this hotel several times and now they are both in thier 20's we decided to go back. The hotel felt like putting back on a pair of comfy slippers, the staff as always were so very friendly from the off. I had e-mailled a head and asked for rooms on the 6th floor so we were away from the noise and although they couldnt guarentee them booking, we were lucky enough to get two rooms next to each other on the 6th floor. The corridors have been updated from tiles to laminate flooring and are kept very clean.
The rooms were made up with a double bed and a single bed. The rooms look a little tired now but were very clean, Tina and Jacki work very hard keeping the rooms looking nice. The rooms now have kettles and all you need to make a cuppa, there are also fridges in the rooms. There is a large tv mounted on the wall, but the selection of English channels is very limited, actually I only found one BBC world news.
The Restaurant
Javier is an absolute don, he has the biggest smile ever!always so helpful and very very friendly. My Daughter is lactose intolerant and I have to say, they couldn't have been anymore attentive to her needs, they had several types of milk supplements and lactose free milk. Carlos the head chef showed her around the buffet every day letting her know what she could and couldn't eat, there is also a diabetic section.
The food is made to a very high standard at every mealtime and there is always a lot of choice. They make there own bread and is often served nice and warm straight from the oven. The choices of salads is amazing and the home made dessert section is better than any patisserie I have ever been to.
We didn't see any of the entertainment but from what we heard from other guests it was very good, the kids entertainers also get very high praise.
It was my daughters 21st birthday whilst we were there and the staff made a great fuss off her, she had a lovely lactose free birthday cake, it really helped make her special day.
My Overview
The rooms are looking a little tired and could do with being refreshed as do the balcony dividers. There is a dress code for the restaurant but sadly no one seems to adhere to it, the old head waiter would never have allowed shorts in his dinning for evening meal. To me that is a shame an evening meal is a celebration and you should dress accordingly, I don't mean black tie and tails but at least wear long trousers, smart jeans etc, the food as always is amazing, the WIFI is a bit hit and miss. Overall the hotel is very family friendly and it was nice to go back and revisit.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JacquelineH305
GoldenHotels, Gerente at Golden Port Salou & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent holiday here with us in the Golden Port Salou & Spa.
It brings us great joy to read that you all enjoyed yourself with us.
We will pass your praising words onto our staff, especially to Tina & Jacki, Javier and Carles which we are sure will be much appreciated.
Also have taken note of your comments and suggestions and will have a look into these issues with the aim to improve where necessary in a near future.

Hopefully we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel many years ago. Was my first holiday with my husband. Good location. Loved how they had a toasties vending machines was handy when we came in late at night. Nice balcony. Had no complaints about this hotel we loved it.

1  Thank Bullyroxy

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the Golden Port Salou & Spa.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here few weeks ago. We had an awesome deal with Thompson and due to the price wasn't expecting anything great. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel, the hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had half board as drinking wasn't on the cards due to a new arrival :) I was extremely excited to find out the non alcoholic beer was available in the hotel to keep me in the spirit! With morning sickness in full flow I was worried about the food but I had so much choice, each night a wonderful selection was available and breakfast was lovely. Best food in a hotel I've had and I've travelled a fair amount. We went to the beach a lot for lunch and walks (5min walk tops) and it reminds me of a more quiet and fresher Benidorm strip, it was lovely. This was a relaxing break for myself and my partner before our new bundle arrives and we couldn't fault it one bit. We have already looked to come back in the holidays with the children.

3  Thank Kelly A

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent holiday here with us.
We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel, facilities and services and that you had a relaxing break.

We are looking forward to welcome you and the children back in the Golden Port Salou & Spa in a near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Back from Golden Port Salou 22/05/16. Had a great time, Food was wonderful, and Head waiters were so helpful with us. Bar staff and Reception Staff work there socks off. Really enjoyed this Holiday , looking now to go back in Sept, Rooms and Shower large.so easy for Wife as has walking difficulty, You must go to Cambrill too, get a ticket from Plana Bus office opp Red Lion near Burgerking , You get 10 rides and when you top up its 2 euros cheaper, brill idea we used 3

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian816
GoldenHotels, Gerente at Golden Port Salou & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent holiday in the Golden Port Salou & Spa.
We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay so much here with us that you are thinking of coming back in september.
We will pass your nice words onto our staff, which we are sure will be greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Kind regards from Salou,