1,155 results
All reviews small beach sea view cove beach inside pool splash pool star hotel stir fry after reading the reviews russian guests smugglers inn cleaned daily walking difficulties all inclusive option meal times salou centre evening meal choice of food
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

not a review, but due to stay here in 2weeks time, first time traveling with a baby. seems jet2 take hours to answer the phone, so hoping the hotel could answer my question of, is there a cot provided or could one be hired? or do i need to purchase a travel cot? thank you

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura Beth G
BestHotels2018, Manager at Hotel Best Cap Salou, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Laura,

We are glad to inform you that you can have a travel cot in your room if you request it at reception on arrival.
We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Came here for a week and was a bit worried after I saw reviews but honestly, this hotel is fantastic. Food is great, rooms are super clean, and the staff have been nothing but friendly to us. Lots of shops and restaurants around the hotel. The beach is average but everything you need is there however, you do need to pay for a sun lounger. The pool is definitely busy but it was never a problem for us - we always got a lounger.
I would strongly recommend going to the Taproom bar as they do amazing cocktails and the staff in there are so lovely. Oh, and the owner of the Taproom looks like George Clooney.
Lots to do at night - there is a bar called Victoria's which is a fantastic Karaoke bar in Salou and open till 5am and then a club about 5 minute walk away called 'Kiss' which is pretty good.
If you sleep passed breakfast time (which we did most days) the little restaurant 'Smugglers' (right next to the hotel) does an amazing cooked breakfast until 1pm.
Overall, I have throughly enjoyed my stay! I would 100% come back here. Such an amazing holiday!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Abbi H
BestHotels2018, Manager at Hotel Best Cap Salou, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear David R,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
We are really glad that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel. It is great to read that our facilities were of your liking. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week here, have absolutely no complaints. I just read someone said you need to be in by 11pm which is a load of nonsense. Me and my friend have been in at most nights at 4am and no one has batted an eyelid. Loads of variety at the buffet, only thing is you have to pay for drinks if you are half board. But food is lovely. Room gets cleaned every day and I have found staff very helpful and polite. There's a few shops, bars and restaurants close by. To get to the centre of salou it's a 50 minute walk or 8 euros in a taxi. Recommend go to the tap room bar outside the hotel. Staff are awesome. Overall amazing holiday, don't listen to the negative reviews people are obviously just nip picking

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lemonblossomy

Dear lemonblossomy,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
We are really glad that you enjoyed your holidays with us. It is great to read that all our services and facilities were of your liking.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Best Cap Salou for 10 days returning on the 7th of September.
I will be as honest as I can.
Upon arrival the reception staff we friendly and welcoming. As a family of 4 (myself, husband, 14 year old son and 10 year old daughter) I think the rooms were OK but could have done with more storage space as the space provided was only enough for 2 people. The first room we were given the mattresses were really hard and the aircon didn’t work but when we reported this to reception they immediately send someone to try to repair it and when this failed we were moved to another room. Thankfully the aircon worked and the mattresses comfortable. We simply accepted that the rooms were just somewhere to sleep and managed to live out of our suitcases and didn’t trip over each other too much!
The pool situation- I’m an early riser and had absolutely no issue in getting sun loungers; let’s be realistic: if you get up at 11am you’ll struggle to get a sun lounger. However, there was always plenty of room on the beach (€5 for a sun lounger). The indoor pool was full of children staying out of the midday sun which was fine by me.
The splash park is a new addition and fantastic- bear in mind that it’s part of your stay but all inclusive doesn’t include here. You’ll have to buy drinks (or just pop back to the hotel for drinks).
Food- we stayed half board so can only comment on that. Breakfast was Spanish version of bacon, sausages, beans etc, salad, bread, meats and cheese, pastries, cereals, fruit and fresh pancakes and omelettes cooked on demand so not a bad start to the day. We ate out at lunch time but we saw chips and burgers being served from the poolside bar. Evening meal had a theme such as Chinese, Indian, Mexican each night which we enjoyed. There was always something fresh being cooked on the grill upon request. There were a variety of dishes available and I never got bored of the choices.
Food trays were always topped up. I think my only complaint was that the food could have been a little warmer but there are a couple of microwaves nearby if you want to ping some heat into it.
I always thought half board included a drunk with your evening meal but it didn’t- drinks were charged extra so we stuck with water and went for a drink at the nearby bars afterwards.
Location is good- a beautiful cover with a calm clear sea with easy access from pool side, several good bars, shops and a chemist nearby. It is a little quiet but a good 25 minute walk and you’ll find yourself in the centre of Salou.
Would I stay here again- probably not BUT if someone said they were going I wouldn’t grumble and roll my eyes I would tell them we had a great time, staff were friendly if you are, rooms are cleaned most days and food is good. If you’ve booked this hotel you genuinely have nothing to worry about......

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank karenstanton11

Dear karenstanton11,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is great to read that our facilities and gastronomic offer lived up to your expectations.
Your comments will be taken into account in order to improve our services.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Not to sure where to start really. The staff are really rude they make you feel awkward when going to the all inclusive bar. The people are so arrogant and the pool is to wet. You have to be in bed and in your room by 11pm or the hotel staff moan and threaten to remove you. The restaurant is caous and far to busy to move. You are only allowed one drink with your food. If u ask for me the staff become rude and get in a huff with you. Also the beach is sandy.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OliverLfc
BestHotels2018, Manager at Hotel Best Cap Salou, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear OliverLfc,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
We regret that your stay with us was not completely positive. We apologise if the treatment of our staff was not of your liking.
Your comments will be taken into account in order to improve our services.

Kind regards,