All reviews cap salou lovely hotel half board sandy cove small resort beach bar pool area pool and sea view salad hotel shop la pineda bus service reception staff walls are very thin plenty of choice breakfast and dinner plana bus
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The hotel is in a quiet spot but in an excellent location with a beautiful walk into Salou. There is a lovely sandy beach a minute walk away ideal for spending half a day if you've been into Tarragona or Cambrills first. Buses run every half hour, a short walk away from the hotel, into a range of towns. You can also very easily get to Barcelona. I recommend checking what excursions they have to offer on the first day (leaflets available in the hotel.) The shop across the road was also very handy.
The room was comfortable with views of the pool and beach. The buffet style food for breakfast and evening meals was perfect. There was a massive variety of choice and as a vegetarian, I appreciated everything being labelled. I can't see how anyone could complain about the choice of food. However, someone needs to sit and guard the table as the staff are eager to clear the table ready for someone else as it gets very busy.
The bar staff were friendly and offered to take our photographs (they even brought out a picture frame to be photographed inside!)
I felt the down side of the hotel was the pool area as it is very difficult to get a sun lounger as people reserve them from first thing in a morning by putting their towel on them so I only once got to experience the pool. (It does say you're not to reserve loungers but no one listens to that). There were so many nice beaches around so I can't really complain about that.
The hotel offers free wi-fi if you ask for a password at reception. This was great as I didn't have to use my phone data.
I didn't think the quality of the evening entertainment was very good either so we just kept going into Salou in an evening.
Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to others as: location, room and food were brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for beach view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tongo86
Management response:Responded 26 August 2016

Dear Tongo,
We appreciate your great review on our Hotel. Thank you so much for the kind words as well as the constructive advice,

We try every season to make changes in the evening entertainment to give our guest the maximum of entertainment, we have got Karaoke, minidisco, Brasil shows, different groups of live music and Flamenco etc. etc , but as we can read out of your review we have not succeeded which make us very sad, but will keep tying, in the further ,to make things more enjoyable .

I really appreciate you mentioning everything you experienced with us; your comments help us to improve!
Once again a BIG thanks from all of us. We hope we may welcome you back very soon

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Fantastic hotel although the entertainment let it down. Very clean and food was lovely. Hotel with its own beach what more could you ask for.. very friendly staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deb0898
Management response:Responded 22 August 2016

Dear Guests,

Thank you for this short super feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay at our Hotel CALA FONT in Salou.

Your feedback is most welcome and I certainly pass on your comments to all our team, it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently. I certainly do have a super team who are focused and motivated to the guest’s expectations which certainly do make my job so much easier.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too far future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel, rooms cleaned every day to a good standard.
Buffet restaurant was good for a hotel always plenty of fresh food and good choice.
Great location for the beach and good base for getting to Salou and Barcelona.
Only down side there was no kids evening entertainment. And the adult entertainment was awful unless you enjoy partner dancing every night.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cherrydonnell
Management response:Responded 8 August 2016

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor following your stay and for recommending our Hotel Cala Font.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay! We are sorry you did not like the entertainment program of the evening and I can assure you every evening for the Kids we have got minidisco

Thank you so much, it feels good when we get positive comments. So many people forget to say the positive, and highlight any negatives more often

Warm Regards from Salou and wishing you a nice summer back home

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Room Tip: Ear plugs if TV next door is too loud.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Management response:Responded 8 August 2016

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Room Tip: Would recommend hiring a fridge and to bring your own travel kettle.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family