All reviews hot tub on the balcony boutique hotel other hotels holiday world the penthouse two bedroom suite small hotel egg boiler spend some quality time together superb spa spa area is four poster continental breakfast bali beds infinity pool rest and relaxation get away from it all
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Nice large apartment type rooms with a hot tub on the balcony overlooking the sea.

The hotel is part of a resort of I think 3 hotels, hydros being the smallest and quietest.

Great staff, annoying 30 euro deposit for a pool towel but that I think was my only gripe.

We had a better time here than at the similarly priced double tree hilton which we stayed out for the first few nights of the trip before moving to hydros.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2016

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel in early October, the hotel was quiet and the staff made the stay relaxing and enjoyable. Yes, it is removed from the centre of the bustling nearby resorts, yes, you need time and some personal effort to reach them but that's obvious when you book it! That's was its charm for me.
As I stated previously, the manager and his staff were all helpful, friendly and accommodating. They dealt with minor problems immediate!y. They were always smiling and around during my stay.
The spa was lovely and I thought the cost for the spa circuit and a massage was reasonable and compared favourably with similar establishments and facilities in England, in fact, despite the poor pound/Euro exchange at the moment, it is probably a little cheaper.
The breakfast was continental and there was more than adequate choice. Fruit, breads, cheeses, meats, cereals and sweet pastries. The view, across the sea, from the dining room was a perfect start to the day.
The evening menu reflected a mixture of continental tastes and local dishes with an Andalusian flavour. All were freshly prepared and everything was delicious. I loved it. The wine menu and other drinks from the bar were fair prices in comparison to other hotels of this calibre.
The rooms all had a stunning sea view and a Jacuzzi on the terrace, this was an added bonus. Mine was cleaned daily, the towels replaced and toiletries too.
This was a positive and pleasurable break, in my experience, I can't believe how some people have written such negative comments about trivia, which is easily resolved.
I would certainly choose to return again and have no qualms about recommending it to others.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view, none seem poor
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Pamela162
Reviewed 9 October 2016

This hotel had some great points but also a lot of small issues which brought it down, most of them could be fixed easily. The views are stunning from the hotel especially from the dining room and the pool areas. It has a very quiet ambience throughout the hotel probably because it is small.
Check in on arrival was quick and easy. We were happy with the room, nice and spacious and overall cleanliness good. The rooms had no tea/coffee facilities which I was disappointed about as I love a cuppa first thing in the morning. The view from our rooms was good too. The hotel is situated between a railway line and a main road neither of which were noisy but at night time the entertainment at the neighbouring hotel was very loud. There was no such thing as having a quiet evening on the balcony, even inside the room with the doors shut it was still very audible well after 11 at night.
There was just a continental breakfast available which was fine but a little cooked breakfast would of been lovely. There were eggs to boil but unless you stood beside them you never knew what one was yours, people had a habit of moving them around when putting there own in, it was pot luck what you got some days. Food in the evening restaurant was generally of a good standard, we ate there a few evenings. There is a menu at the outside bar area which we thought we would try one day at about 5.30, we were informed that the kitchen was closed till 7.30 which was fine and that we could eat outside but we would have to carry our own food outside from the bar as there was no staff. We actually thought this very amusing so that's what we did, the bar man did give us a hand with it though. The outside bar area is seldom staffed, there is a bell to ring for attention but we found it easier just going straight inside as on 2 occasions we rung the bell and after 10 minutes waiting gave up. There is also room service but at a cost of 20 euros we gave it a miss, very expensive.
There is no local information in the rooms or information about the hotel either. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the main road and its up quite a steep hill. We had walked it a few times before we noticed this bus always about and after asking at reception we were told it was a free bus from the hotel up and down from the road, it would of been better if we were told about this on arrival. I also didn't know we could go to the entertainment in the other hotels and that there was a shop in one of them, I found this out all on trip advisor!
There is also a charge of 18 euros for using the spa facilities even when staying at the hotel. The spa area did look nice but was always deserted when we were down there, any wonder.
We did enjoy the nice relaxing bit but definitely room for improvement at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ann888000
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Room Tip: Rooms were lovely and had hot tubs on the balcony as we had a suite . There were few maintenance issues such as the shower was leaking water on the bathroom floor and some sealing required in and out of the shower
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Having chosen this hotel as our Honeymoon hotel, we liked pretty much everything about this hotel, if you want to get away from it all and relax this place is perfect, and we couldn't have chosen better.
Our suite was sea facing, though all do have sea views, the balcony had plenty of room and the hot tub, what a bonus that is, perfect way to relax after walking to Fuengirola (approx. 4 km) , or to Benalmadena (approx. 8 km), which I must point out the walk to Fuengirola is a much more pleasant.
Close enough to everything if you want more life, taxi or bus is very reasonably priced, train is a short (15 minute) walk away and has a very good and regular service between Fuengirola and Malaga which stops at Carvajal (the local station).
After making my booking for this Hotel I looked at reviews on a couple of sites, and read quite a few negative reviews, which even as reading many of them I found petty, but, having now been and stayed 5 nights at Holiday Hydros the best advice I can give anyone is to totally ignore all the negative reviews, one popular negative seemed to be about the breakfast. In our opinion, these are totally unfounded complaints, considering this is quite a small hotel we found the breakfast choice to be outstanding and we had a much better choice than we expected, and I must point out it wasn't just the choice but the quality of the food was good too. This goes for the Restaurant too, a great choice and quality, yes it`s a little more expensive than if you go along the promenade in one of the many bars / restaurants, but the quality and service is worth it, and you also have probably the best views possible, from the restaurant and from the suites.
The staff were pleasant and friendly, though we didn’t use it, the pool area and outside bar looked lovely, the inside of the hotel public areas are amazing especially the glass stairs, and the views are breathtaking.
The one and only thing I could possibly find as a negative, though trivial and down to personal choice, would be that there is no kettle in the suites, although you can get a tea / coffee from the bar / reception, I would prefer to have the facility in the room to be able to make a coffee as soon as I wake up in the morning. But, this should not reflect negatively upon the hotel at all as there are many many hotels that do not provide kettles these days, for myself I will buy a travel kettle to take with me on future holidays so problem solved .
All in all, we had a great stay and really enjoyed staying here and will, when our travel plans allow definitely book to come here again, probably will be a couple of years before we return, but I will have no hesitation in booking again or to recommending this hotel to friends

Room Tip: Im sure any of the suites would be as lovely as ours was, though sea facing obviously the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple