“A Great Short Break, Would definately recommend”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Acuario apartments Benalmadena
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DebraH01
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A Great Short Break, Would definately recommend”
Reviewed 28 April 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I stayed at the Acuario Apartments in December 2015, I was accompanying a friend who was looking to purchase a property in the area.
I was pleasantly surprised with my entire experience. The ease of getting to Malaga, only a relatively short flight from Cardiff Airport, and a mere 15 minute taxi ride from the airport to the Apartments. We could have also taken the train for just 5 euros for the two of us.
The key was waiting for us in reception when we arrived with our name on the envelope and the apartment we stayed in was really lovely, with a fantastic view of the pool and sunshine all day long. The few days we stayed the weather was quite hot and shorts and t shirt were fine, although the temperature did drop in the evening and a coat or cardigan were required. However, we did not put the heating on once in the apartment during our stay.
Arroyo de la Miel village was lovely and I really enjoyed the shopping. As we were not in the tourist season we got to see more of the Spanish cafes and bars and they were really good value for money and the food and service was excellent. As the weather was warm and not hot it made it very pleasant for exploring and walking around, we walked miles!! We even walked along the promenade down by the beach from Benalmadena to the next resort of Terremolinos and had a drink and a meal there.
There is a lovely park called Paloma Park to visit with animals running freely inside. The beach is lovely, as is the Marina. There is something to do for everyone, and the children will love it as all the bars and restaurants welcome children and they are catered for well on the menu at the restaurants too.
Bonanza Square is a 5 minute walk away from the apartment and the Shannon Bar is very welcoming with a very varied menu and excellent food, delicious and well presented. The owner is British and very helpful at directing you in the right direction on getting places. The Square is pedestrianised so children have a bit more freedom to run around without the worry of roads and traffic.
I met lots of retired people in the bars who come out to Benalmadena for the entire winter and I can fully understand why as the cost of living is dirt cheap in Spain especially during the winter compared to the UK, I would even consider this option myself when I retire. The Acuario apartments do offer this option for longer rentals during the winter months at a reduced monthly price.
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely be looking to go back to these apartments in the near future.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sunshine in December
Liked least: The delay at the airport coming home a technical fault with the plane, which was resolved relatively quickly.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
5 Oct 2017
Hi

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone how much you enjoyed your stay. I would love to have you as my guests again in the future.

Regards

Karina
Sally R
“A LITTLE GEM!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed here for a week, with my partner.
Booking was simple, with no issues.
The apartment is a short train ride from Malaga airport (if you're looking to save a few pennies!). The train takes you to Benalmadena then its a slow ten minute, flat walk to the accommodation, but there are taxis available at the train station too.
We spoke to other guests who had very reasonable taxi rates from the airport.
The apartment block has a helpful reception area who will happily assist you with anything from places to eat, taxis, buses, days out etc.
The apartment is comfortable and spotlessly clean, it has a balcony and is a lovely place to sit and have a quiet drink.
The local restaurants are great value for money and shops have everything you need and all are within a five minute walk! Its a short ten minute walk to the beach. The apartment block has a pool which looked very inviting.
We'd definitely stay here again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the comfortable beds
Liked least: coming home!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
5 Oct 2017
Hi
I very much appreciate your review on my apartment. I hope you will visit Benalmadena again in the future.
Regards
Karina
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing