All reviews celebration station front desk ice machine large selection of restaurants hotel room was clean every month lobby serves can't remember his name exercise room awesome staff marriott properties restaurants within walking distance frequent traveler the entire hotel one night stay comfortable bed stayed nights
Reviewed 12 August 2018

I needed to stop in Dallas for business, had to meet on Monday morning out east of town on Interstate 30. I am not too familiar with this side of Dallas, so looking at the map, Mesquite looked like it would work for me.

I chose the Courtyard Dallas Mesquite based on previous reviews and its location. I was flying in late Sunday for a Monday meeting, and driving out about 40 miles in a rental, then flying back out the next day. Any way, I figured its a Marriott, and there appeared to be several restaurants nearby, so for 2 days it would do.

First, walking in the door, the staff was very friendly. Apparently the new model for the Marriott's Courtyards is a very basic straight line - a single corridor, with the lobby, pool, bistro and single elevator in the center. Even if you can go in the doors at the ends of the central corridor, the only elevator for the entire hotel is at the center of the building. Certainly not the most convenient, as everyone has to park near the single entrance...

The room was nice enough, pretty typical, however it does have very soft water and low water pressure, so you never really feel like you can rinse off all the soap or shampoo. The high speed internet seemed to lag a bit, but it worked.

I had not seen the Courtyard Bistro before, so I looked at the menu, and it looked ok... I had a cocktail there one night and had the crispy brussel sprouts and the skillet meatballs. While the meatballs were pretty good, the brussel sprouts where drowning in oil. Breakfast was so-so, certainly not worse than the typical free hotel breakfast fare, but not real restaurant quality either.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ANGIE C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

We appreciate your valued feedback! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Mesquite.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

The Courtyard Marriott in Mesquite is clean & a good deal for the price. It’s conveniently located near multiple restaurants. What really distinguishes this hotel from others is the awesome staff. Thanks Taylor G for your great attitude at check in & helping to make the stay here more pleasant!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
ANGIE C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay!!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Clean, comfortable stay. Taylor and Susan at front desk were very personable and helpful. TV was a little funky but I reported it the next morning and they said they would check it out. Plenty restaurants within walking distance.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We stayed for a night driving from San Antonio home to Memphis. And wow, this place, is pretty bad. I would think that the Marriott standards would apply at all the brands, right? Well, and the staff here, the management obviously is sub par or the staff wouldn't be so miserable and bent on making the customers miserable...

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ANGIE C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

We appreciate your valued feedback Cameron. I would hope that you might stay with us and give us a chance in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

This was my first time staying at this Courtyard and I ended up missing the entrance off the freeway and having to circle around again. It's a little confusing to get in and out. Hotel was clean though and staff was friendly. I had a top corner room which is what I prefer (401) but I would stay on the other side of the building if I visited again. Celebration Station is on that side and it seemed to be a hangout for teens on a Saturday night. The windows kept most of the noise down but there was a loudspeaker at times that I could hear. The breakfast was good but as usual with a Courtyard, it costs extra. I received more food than I could eat so it was a good value. I've stayed in this complex several times and it is a nice selection of restaurants that are an easy walk from the hotel. Posado's is one of my favorites and it's close. In general it's a good place to stay, especially for business folks.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ANGIE C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!