See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2017

1st, you must call the owner to get you in, but until he comes to the hotel, it might take hour, or more. The advise from him was, that I take some coffe or whatever. Sorry, but I had a 12 hours travel and need toilet and sleep, not waiting one more hour, this is not normal. Than finally he arrived and let me in, but second surprise, I had to wait 45 minutes until he made my invoice?! What the hell is this? I am not surprised that I am the one guest in this hotel. Rooms are ok, but everything is very old, like museum. The only positive thing was the nice conversation I had with the lady on the breakfast (she came only to serve me, the only guest). Never try this hotel, otherwise you want to experience same things that I did. Good luck finding something valuable in Boblingen.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Andrej K
Reviewed 27 July 2015

The hotel is late eighty style and clean. I booked a room with a double and 1 single bed: the single bed sags enormously, can’t be used.
This was the only hotel I could book a at the time, everything was full.

Beware!
There is a small ‘outdoor terrace’ on the first floor where you can sit and read or smoke if you like.
But when you sit there and close the door behind you, you’re locked out!!!
This happened to me and I made a lot of noise to get noticed, I almost jumped into the street at a point where the distance was not too big (old town). The owner at last appeared and thought this was all very funny! He even told me that this happened before, to a lady at 2 am: she was locked out in her nightgown and of course panicked. The neighbours had to call the owner at home to get him to come to let the lady in. He thought this was a very funny story too!!! I can’t believe it: first of all, this could easily be solved with a sign on the door warning people about the lock-out situation. Or even better: make sure it doesn’t happen! Second of all: it really is a safety hazard and this man should not be running a hotel.

Room tip: There are lights around the top floor bedroom window. When turned on, you can't sleep because of the amount of light. Switch first floor!
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank PetraRo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

A small, and welcoming place. Parking in the nearby parking garage (charge), which is a bit difficult to get there, but doable. Regular rooms, furniture kept up, but kind of outdated designs in the entire hotel. Comfortable (but hard) matresses. Note that the internet is PLC (power line communication), which works, but you need to get the adapter from the hotel (10EUR charge, which I found quite expensive for the fact that there is no alterative). Breakfast with basic choices, nothing special, but good.
Overall a good place, you feel that it is an old fashioned style, but overall no major reasons to complain.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sischka
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The hotel is very well located, 100 meters from the City Hall Square, in a quiet street.
The owner and the hotel staff are very warm and give you a nice welcome. It is small, and familiar palce to stay I recommend it to all those looking for something familiar, with human touch.
We will choose it whn en back in or close to Stuttgart for sure.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This hotel was quite expensive, but so were most in Boeblingen when we booked over the internet. Imagine our horror when we arrived off the plane at 8.30pm on a Sunday night to find the hotel in complete darkness and locked up. No signs of life at all.
There were signs on the door saying to phone 3 different numbers, which we did but to no avail, using all combinations of their numbers and the German international dialling codes. One hotel neighbour also tried phoning the numbers and also couldn't get through. We had to find somewhere else after an hour and ended up in what's best described as a working men's hostel, smoke-ridden, noisy and having to share a bathroom down the hall with about 10 other people.
Nightmare.
Next morning at 9am we were still locked out and another neighbour had to phone 4 times before they could get through to anybody. After about 10 minutes a cleaner came and let us in.
She was extremely apologetic, as was the owner when he turned up that evening. He said they'd had trouble with phones and computers recently because of solar flares!(?)
The room was far superior to the hostel (thankfully), but no tea/coffee facilities at all anywhere, no hairdryers etc. rooms had no air con or fan, so got very hot and airless. You could open the windows but then you got the traffic noises and very frequent church bells ie. every 15 mins.
Breakfast was cold and basic. Nobody else was staying in the hotel until our last night (wonder why?).
When we got the bill, we were surprised to see that he'd charged us for the full 4 nights we'd booked even while we were still locked out of the hotel. He said it was our fault we couldn't get in!
We'd had to give our credit card details to secure the booking, but had no idea he would be able to charge the whole lot before we got there - even though he knew his hotel was locked up all the first night! Unbelievable behaviour, so travellers beware....

Room tip: Turn up when it's not locked.
Date of stay: July 2012