Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DG22ER28
Richmond Hill, Canada

January 2024 trip to Serre Chevalier Club Med

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Jan 2024
Excellent staff, service, location, children activities, ski school, ski instructors and overall experience was great. Thank you Club Med!
Resort needs renovations. Heating system in the rooms are old and it is very dry in the rooms.
Attention to children is amazing. Always something to do for them with very organized staff. Sking instructors are great. Definitely recommend to join the ski teams and take advantage of the personal mountains guide and instructor for the group. Skin groups are for different level skiers, from th beginners to the experts.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    1.2 km from Club Med Serre-Chevalier - French Alps
    Bar/Lounge
    View more hotels in La Salle les Alpes
    5,513 results
    All reviews serre chevalier ski lessons chef de village ski holiday oysters ski room esf instructors big thanks meal times off piste family room great trip english speakers a great week raclette food variety kids aged
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 19 January 2024

very little information ,
    very poor communication,
    very poor check in
    very poor check out
    poor wifi had to pay more for stronger signal.
    facilities very nice and easy to work around
    ski / ski hire very good.

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
    Club Med, Propriétaire at Club Med Serre-Chevalier - French Alps, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2024

Dear Sir
    First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Club Med Serre Chevalier for your recent holiday.
    We are sorry to see that you were not entirely satisfied with our services.
    We are sorry to read your comments about the general quality of our services and we regret that our village did not fully meet your expectations.
    We are committed to offering our G.M.s services that meet Club Med standards and to ensuring that your holiday is a success.
    We hope to see you again soon in one of our Villages and wish you a very pleasant day.
    Juliette, Welcome & Service

Reviewed 5 January 2024

Hey,
    I'm Naomy!
    I'd like to share with you my experience in Serre Chevalier!
    So Club Med is great! The atmosphere is so good! I'd like to thank everyone but especially Nicolas the go for the teenagers! I'm Flemish so to communicate with people I use English and the group is mostly French and he managed to integrate me into the group and he is always in a good mood and we do lots of activities! I thank him for giving me such an experience! and I recommend this club med.

Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank Naomtz
    Reviewed 28 March 2023

We had an amazing holiday here! Everything is set up for families with young children and making sure the whole family has fun/great skiing. Our room was super comfortable. The food options were excellent (although the food was cold on several occasions, which was a shame!). I'm not a buffet fan but my 4 and 2 year old were amazed they could have pancakes and pain au chocolate every morning for breakfast and they had loads of great options for lunch and dinner. All the staff are SO friendly/kind. Special shout out to Valentin, Chloe and Coco in the kids/baby clubs for being amazing. My 4-year-old loved his skiing and performing in the show/watching the shows. Our skiing was fantastic – Eric was a legend and we improved a lot in 5 days. Emily and Victoria in the boutique were super fun and helpful. Overall, I know a lot of the comments say the decor is outdated, and having stayed in les arcs panorama, yes it's not as flashy, but really we loved it and thought it was charming. Bar service and snacks throughout the day mean it really is truly all you can eat and drink. Thanks Club Med, we'd come back here 100%.

Reviewed 21 March 2023 via mobile

I recently travelled there with my family (two kids (4 and 18 months) and friends. The only thing I can say for this resort is it is a French ski resort for French people. The staff were incredibly unfriendly towards us British - including the children which made me see red - and whilst there was some thawing over the week, it was made obvious we were not the guests of choice.

With regards to the children, my son had just turned 4 and went into ski school. There were only two English children in the class and both sets of parents got called down the mountain on day 2 as both kids were in hysterical tears. They hated skiing - it seemed the instructors largely left them to fall over before barking at them in French - and they were miserable. A disastrous first introduction to skiing.

I asked if my son could move down to the younger group - which was more snow play and enjoying the mountains - and was just told no. So to allow me some skiing, my son played with a member of kids club on his own inside every morning, whilst I got 2 hours of skiing and then I had him the rest of the day.

My 18 month old fared a little better as he was in kids club with our friends' twins but he still sobbed going in. Given he's been in nursery very happily since 6 months old, this was disturbing.

And then this brings me on to the next problem - save skiing (which is fabulous) - there is NOTHING to do. No sledding - we ended up going into town to buy a sled - no outdoor play, no indoor play save a freezing swimming pool. So entertaining the boys when I pulled them out of creche was hard work. Safe to say, they did not enjoy their first holiday.

But its not all negative - the food was fantastic, especially given there is only one buffet restaurant. The food is varied, changes each day save some staples, and is excellent. The drink options were also excellent and the hotel was clean and rooms comfortable.

Would I ever return - no. Would I recommend for adults solely focused on skiing and not caring whether they are liked by resort staff, maybe.

Room tip: Do not go if English and have young children
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 21 March 2023

The weather was good and enjoy the ski across mountains. The ski teacher was good but the food quality is average (you can eat all time time and no time to be hungry). Need to improve the services and provide correct information.