“Best meal out in ages ”
Review of A la Grappe

A la Grappe
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Rouffach
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

My entree of prawns was beautiful with grapefruit. My steak was melt in the mouth tender. They cut it into cubes, which is unusual, but it worked for me.

My partner’s hamburger was very nice.
His lettuce salad was perfect.

The creme brûlée was maybe the best I ever had. Not sure what was the special ingredient- chestnut purée?

Service was efficient and the decor tasteful though I would replace the New York black and white photos with something local.

I noticed that many locals come for the ambiance and order only tarte flambés

We had a great experience.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

We found this restaurant on TA and were delighted by the recommendation. If you are in the area do go !

The menu was interesting, the food really delicious and the welcome warm. We were there on a Saturday eve and the place was buzzing with people and a very happy atmosphere. We seemed to be amongst locals - which is our ideal - and the patron and her mother looked after us really well and made us feel very welcome.

The decor is bright and fresh which gave the impression of a new establishment, but on chatting with the patron, she and her family have been running this restaurant 30 years. No wonder : it’s really a good find. We would return !

Oh ... and the profiteroles ... best ever.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We arrived without a booking to find the place full on a weekday night.
The manageress was very welcoming and promised to arrange a table (for 8 of us) as soon as possible.
The staff were attentive and friendly. The food is traditional Alsatian and French brasserie fare, done really well. Far better than the unassuming exterior would suggest.
Great local eatery.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Found this only open restaurant on a monday afternoon.the staff is english speaking and the dishes have a good portion. squid salad was good. Didnt care much for the pizza!!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Went there for lunch with two friends. We had typical Alsatian food and it was well prepared and tasty. I especially liked the tarte flambée and the mussels. The service was nice and fast. Not too expensive.

Date of visit: August 2016