Chose to stay at Holiday Inn due to all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. Booked the "Baruna Suite". Hotel design beautiful and location is superb. The staff are some of the friendliest people anywhere. Holiday Inn has fabulous customer service training, and when this hotel was built I'm sure it was top rate. Breakfast was good, fitness room very good.
Entering our room everything was nice, however we were immediately hit with a strong smell of mold and mildew. We thought this was only because they had not rented this room for awhile or it needed to be aired out. Further examination revealed extensive mold throught the entire room. The bathroom was clean, but all of the door jams, baseboards, and window sills were filty. See photos. I called reception regarding the mold and they seemed genuinely concerned. There was a member of housekeeping staff there within minutes who sprayed air freshener. This offered only temporary relief. Sadly, the housekeeping staff, as nice as they were, seemed completely ignorant on how to deal with this problem. We stayed for 6 nights. I bought a bottle of clorox and tried to wipe down the worst moldy areas myself. This helped somewhat, but the room still smelled bad all 6 nights.
The furniture was dated and worn. The table had been broken and glued back together crooked. See photos. I believe that about 10-15 years ago this was a nice room, but at this time the Baruna Suite is outdated, and extremely over priced for the market it competes in, even without the mold.
The staff was fabulous and tried their hardest to help. They just did not understand that air freshener will not get rid of mold. All other aspects of the hotel were very good. There are newer 4 and 5 star hotels in the area which we will try if we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Hooroo Pty Ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban