“Everyone says to go here...”

Dockyard Glassworks
Bermuda Dockyard Segway Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Sandys Parish
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Dockyard Company LTD. A Bermuda company, has been in operation for over 16 years. We had simple beginnings as a small glass studio with a passion for the Arts. We have grown into a larger Studio, training apprentices in the Traditional Venetian Style Glassblowing of our Glass Maestros in Classic Blown and Hand-Worked collectibles. Soon after opening, The Dockyard Company Ltd; The Bermuda Rumcake Company, started producing locally made Rumcakes and also increased further support of other individual artists in different fields across Bermuda.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I think if you stay and watch them blow glass and participate in the learning part of this store it would be great, but they were not working, just selling items. They sold as much soda as they did any glass pieces. It was overpriced, but the glass pieces were pretty.

All reviews
"beautiful works of art"
"buy rum"
"buy something"

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I always tend to choose the "worst" reviews first when checking out a spot. Someone here said the rum cakes were dry and horrible. I'd like to state clearly that the rum cakes I tried (and purchased) were amazing. (I'm looking at mine on my table here, wondering if I can eat it for breakfast!) Not dry at all--very moist and just delicious. There's definitely rum in there too--we could feel it after three sample bites. Between the two of us, we tried Chocolate (my favorite), Rum Swizzle, Ginger Beer (my second favorite), and "original." Loved them all! Bought one for family at home and one for us. Note: They will ship to the ship for you, but NOT on the day you are departing. I recommend doing this so you don't have to carry them around.

Glassworks and Rum Cakes are in the same building. Strange, but it worked for us. The glassworks makes it a warm building though. Luckily, we were there in late April and it wasn't that hot out to begin with. The glass art is stunning and you can observe the artists as they work. I have two boys, 11 and 14, and they enjoyed watching the artists but also looking at all the items to purchase. I'd say these artists are very smart--their work ranges from expensive and luxury, to little tiny pieces, that, while probably just as difficult to make as the larger pieces, they sold for around 10$ making it easy to say yes when the kids want something.

In all, a great stop during your trip. I doubt you'll be disappointed, unless you hate art, jewelry, and cake.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Everywhere I travel I try to purchase a heart paper weight or anything in a shape of a heart. I wasn't able to find anything on
the Cruise Ship and On shore most souvenir shops was not carrying heart related items. Then I went to Dockyard Glassworks and when I told the person at the counter what I wanted she said they can make them for me and I could even choose the color of the hearts. I just had to pick them up the next day and since we where docked at Bermuda for 3 days so it turned out perfect. At Dockyards I also purchased small Rum cakes to take back home as gifts.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I would have liked to bring home some of the different fruitcakes as gifts but $16.95 U.S. ($23.00 CAD) for a very, very, small piece was rather over the top. Later that week we went to St. George and a lady on our mini bus got them for 1/2 price as they were 30 days from the expiry date. Some of the glass items were cute but also very expensive and nowhere near the finished quality you would get for blown glass we saw in Venice. The bottoms on many of the pieces were quite roughly finished.