All reviews tucker's point beach club point restaurant sul verde golf course manor house tucker's bar sur mer villa suite day bed mid ocean castle harbour shuttle ride beautiful hotel private cabana room service beach restaurant
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Stayed three night October 23-26th...for my 55th bday with my wife. Booked a Suite with Harbor view. Couldn't get into room until 5:30pm due to housekeeping delays getting room ready. Extremely expensive suite...was expecting a beautiful room/view. Guest bathroom had what appears to be vomit in the sink. Suite was not on the ocean but second row up from the water. I had called the week before and was told it was directly on the ocean. This was a disappointment considering the high price of the suite. Played a round on the golf course. A+ views but the course condition is only average. Pro Shop didn't have any golf gloves to sell which was strange. How is it that an ocean front golf course that charges $200 per round is 100% out of stock on golf gloves? Food at the restaurants was very nice. The suite came with a golf cart which was a nice touch and definitely needed due to the expansive layout of the resort. Ice Maker and fireplace in the suite were broken. They told me they'd send maintenance but they never showed up to fix.
Disappointing stay as we expected a lot more based on what we read about this years renovations/upgrades as well as the high price paid for the suite.

The management followed up and apologized and asked me to contact them which I did do via email but they never followed up for some odd reason.

2  Thank 400douglask
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear "Douglas K,"

Thank you very much for taking the time to send this feedback regarding your recent visit to Rosewood Bermuda.

We are extremely sorry to hear that our resort did not meet your expectations and I would welcome the chance to speak with you in more detail, if possible. I can be reached via email at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com or by telephone at 441.298.4000.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Went for my nieces wedding. Yes the rooms were discounted but still pricey. There was nothing left for you to think of. The attention to detail is just incredible. Ask and you will receive. My only wish for this resort is that the beach was closer. Had to take a shuttle provided by hotel. Once there you can stay all day. Restaurant and beautiful pink sand beaches await you. Beach service was quick and again the staff goes out of their way to please.

Room tip: The views from the room are spectacular. A very high end property.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Hi "bxteacher,"

We are thrilled to hear that your destination wedding was memorable, and we eagerly await your return to Rosewood Bermuda.

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback of your stay with us - we pride ourselves on our service and I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.

Again, it was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our jewel in the Atlantic soon!

Warm Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2018

We stayed in this hotel as a special work reward in May, it was an extension to a work trip. We absolutely loved it.
We stayed in a room/bungalow that was overlooking the sea, very quiet it was really beautiful and very spacious. The hotel itself is stunning, with the grounds well cared for and a fantastic swimming pool(s). We however used the beach bar and pool (which requires a bus hop), the guy who drove us down was great, really friendly and very knowledgeable, pointing out all the sites/houses etc along the way. The food and drink down in the beach bar - excellent, so is the service.
The spa is also fantastic, so good I went twice for a massage!
This hotel is expensive, but 100% worth it, we would definitely return!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear "Rebecca S,"

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review of our property on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay at Rosewood Bermuda in May, and we look forward to hosting you on many more visits to come.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach me at Paul.Telford@rosewoodhotels.com.

Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Bermuda in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2018

In all, the service experience was not up to par with our other Rosewood experiences and certainly not up to expectations for the luxury price point. I will say the housekeeping, bartender at the beach club, and room service were positive experiences, but the hotel felt generally understaffed. We had to wait to be seated for dinners to find half the dining room empty. The same 3 or so waiters were on from breakfast to dinner each taking on a large number of tables, not making good service possible. There was also seemingly no staff around at the pool/ beach areas. We had to wave people down for chairs at the beach and stand around while another staff member on the beach remained seated and relied "he's coming". We even heard a woman ask for a towel because it was raining and she was cold. The attendance replied, "we close at x time" and didn't provide the towel to her. We did end up waiting 45 mins for a shuttle from the beach. (The need for shuttle service to and from beach area wasn't the most convenient.) For most of our stay the pool by our room was unattended. I called room service for drinks and housekeeping from our room to put out cushions.

Some positives were the BEAUTIFUL beach area. Felt so private and pristine. One of the nicest beaches I've ever seen. Water is a crazy blue even when overcast.
There were a lot of restaurants to choose from. The gym was large and fantastic. Loved the view from the palm court pool. The room was large and clean. Food was delicious. Lots of places to lounge and hang out.

After such a fabulous experience at another Rosewood, we were looking forward to a similar echelon of service in Bermuda, but unfortunately left disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank SarahR_Travels-143
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear "SarahR_Travels-143,"

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Rosewood in Bermuda (Oct 12 thru the 15th). On our first night I notice ants in the bathroom. I contacted the front desk and they said they would have someone come up in the morning to spray. That evening we went to bed and I was awoken around 5am with ants crawling all over my face. I immediately jumped out of bed and turned on the lights to find ants all over our bed. After freaking out I called the front desk and was told that it’s ant season and they apologized and would have someone clean and change the sheets as soon as they get into work. My concern is why was the room not thoroughly checked before we arrived. To be woken up with ants on your face is not pleasant and should not have happened. Once the room was cleaned and sprayed we didn’t see any further ants. The response from the staff and the lack of management oversight was awful.

The property is stunning the service is okay. Paul if you happen to respond to this review I’ve tried contacting you and you have not responded to me.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Patricia S

Dear "Patricia S,"

I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay with us and I would relish the opportunity to gather more insight from you regarding the ant and service issues you expereiineced so that we might be able to address your concerns.

I can be reached via email at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.