All reviews tucker's point beach club point restaurant sul verde golf course manor house tucker's bar sur mer villa suite day bed mid ocean castle harbour shuttle ride beautiful hotel private cabana room service play golf
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We stayed in this hotel as a special work reward in May, it was an extension to a work trip. We absolutely loved it.
We stayed in a room/bungalow that was overlooking the sea, very quiet it was really beautiful and very spacious. The hotel itself is stunning, with the grounds well cared for and a fantastic swimming pool(s). We however used the beach bar and pool (which requires a bus hop), the guy who drove us down was great, really friendly and very knowledgeable, pointing out all the sites/houses etc along the way. The food and drink down in the beach bar - excellent, so is the service.
The spa is also fantastic, so good I went twice for a massage!
This hotel is expensive, but 100% worth it, we would definitely return!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear "Rebecca S,"

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review of our property on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay at Rosewood Bermuda in May, and we look forward to hosting you on many more visits to come.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach me at Paul.Telford@rosewoodhotels.com.

Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Bermuda in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2018

In all, the service experience was not up to par with our other Rosewood experiences and certainly not up to expectations for the luxury price point. I will say the housekeeping, bartender at the beach club, and room service were positive experiences, but the hotel felt generally understaffed. We had to wait to be seated for dinners to find half the dining room empty. The same 3 or so waiters were on from breakfast to dinner each taking on a large number of tables, not making good service possible. There was also seemingly no staff around at the pool/ beach areas. We had to wave people down for chairs at the beach and stand around while another staff member on the beach remained seated and relied "he's coming". We even heard a woman ask for a towel because it was raining and she was cold. The attendance replied, "we close at x time" and didn't provide the towel to her. We did end up waiting 45 mins for a shuttle from the beach. (The need for shuttle service to and from beach area wasn't the most convenient.) For most of our stay the pool by our room was unattended. I called room service for drinks and housekeeping from our room to put out cushions.

Some positives were the BEAUTIFUL beach area. Felt so private and pristine. One of the nicest beaches I've ever seen. Water is a crazy blue even when overcast.
There were a lot of restaurants to choose from. The gym was large and fantastic. Loved the view from the palm court pool. The room was large and clean. Food was delicious. Lots of places to lounge and hang out.

After such a fabulous experience at another Rosewood, we were looking forward to a similar echelon of service in Bermuda, but unfortunately left disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank SarahR_Travels-143
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear "SarahR_Travels-143,"

Thank you very much for taking the time to send this feedback regarding your recent visit to Rosewood Bermuda.

We are extremely sorry to hear that our resort did not meet your expectations and I would welcome the chance to speak with you in more detail, if possible. I can be reached via email at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com or by telephone at 441.298.4000.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Rosewood in Bermuda (Oct 12 thru the 15th). On our first night I notice ants in the bathroom. I contacted the front desk and they said they would have someone come up in the morning to spray. That evening we went to bed and I was awoken around 5am with ants crawling all over my face. I immediately jumped out of bed and turned on the lights to find ants all over our bed. After freaking out I called the front desk and was told that it’s ant season and they apologized and would have someone clean and change the sheets as soon as they get into work. My concern is why was the room not thoroughly checked before we arrived. To be woken up with ants on your face is not pleasant and should not have happened. Once the room was cleaned and sprayed we didn’t see any further ants. The response from the staff and the lack of management oversight was awful.

The property is stunning the service is okay. Paul if you happen to respond to this review I’ve tried contacting you and you have not responded to me.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Patricia S

Dear "Patricia S,"

I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay with us and I would relish the opportunity to gather more insight from you regarding the ant and service issues you expereiineced so that we might be able to address your concerns.

I can be reached via email at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We are on our way home from our first trip to Bermuda and first stay at the Rosewood. This hotel checks all the boxes (beautiful rooms, beautiful property, fantastic restaurant, short trip from NYC, etc). That being said, this hotel does not meet the service standards required and expected of the Fine Hotel and Resorts brand or any 5 star for that matter. Anyone who says differently hasn't travelled well or has had too many rum swizzles to notice. These are the same points I communicated with the front desk staff, so no surprises to the Rosewood.

- Upon arrival, we were told there were no upgrades (a complimentary benefit as a centurion member). I hardly believe this, as the hotel was not near capacity.
- We were told our room would take 1 - 1 1/2 hours to clean. After 1.5 hours, I requested an updated. I was told by the front desk in a condescending tone "I would have texted you, if your room was ready." WOW!
- They asked if this was our first trip to but failed to offer any information on activities, amenities or excursions offered to guests of the island. There were classes offered at the hotel, but who knows where or when. Seems like a waste of money to hire staff to do this and not advertise these services to your guests. We finally did get an activity sheet (which we didn’t know existed) under our door the night before we left!
- The first night in the hotel there was no hot water. The staff was very reactive, only asking for accomodations was a complimentary meal offered.
- We are accustomed to tipping for room service and turn down service. Neither properly cleaned the bathrooms or restocked the mini bar or nespresso coffee. In fact, we left $10 for room service specifically asking for them to replenish the nespresso. She took the money and left no nespresso. When we called to the front desk, the person that came up with our nespresso said that "this isn't the responsibility of the room service team and the lady that takes care of nespresso didn't come in that day." SERIOUSLY... that is a quote. This lady also is the only person responsible for leaving clean espresso/tea cups.
- Prior coming to the Rosewood, I sent a request for tee times and reservations. They were very responsive, however, failed to tell us that the tee times they booked us at Mid Ocean were only for 18 holes - we requested 9 holes. A $400 tidbit that was left out.
- Getting to and from the golf courses that are less than a mile from the hotel should be simple, but this hotel relies on a shuttle service. We relied on the kindness of bag boys to get us back to our hotel each time we played as the wait for the shuttle was ridiculous.
- The shuttle runs (on paper) on the 1/2 hour between the hotel, the beach and the golf course. With everything 1 mile apart, why wouldn't the shuttle just make loops. We waited for 25 minutes at the beach for the shuttle (with at least 10 other people) and were all told “ the driver had to use the bathroom"... can't make it up.
- Our final day at the property we decided to spend time at the pool and then take a taxi to Hamilton to shop and have an early dinner. The pool "boy" is like a ghost, the pool "stations" have no towels to be found and it tooks 20-30 minutes to get towels / an umbrella for shade. As for our trip to Hamilton, we waited 20 minutes for a taxi to take us. We asked the bellhop where to shop in Hamilton, he suggested the main street. He also indicated that the taxi took so long because of wind at the airport. 2 problems with this ALL SHOPS ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS - ALL OF THEM and the taxi driver didn't even come from the airport - a totally lie.
- The day before our departure, the hotel called to ask if there was anything they could do to accommodate us and after giving them this very list, they offered to have the hotel car take us to the airport. They suggested that we leave at 10:45am. We went down at 9am to confirm. Much to our surprise, they had scheduled us to depart at 12:45. 10:45 comes - Silly me for thinking that the Bentley collecting dust in front of the hotel would have been the "hotel car." The "hotel car" is a taxi... What a send off.

If you want to spend over $1000 a night for 3 star service, this is your hotel. I was very honest about every one of these complaints and the service got worse as the trip went on. I suggest general manager enroll his/her staff in some serious training. It's too bad that such a beautiful and convenient hotel will unlikely see us again. The people giving this place 5 stars must have drank a lot of rum swizzles.

4  Thank Betsypg

Dear "Betsypg,"

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Went with friends celebrating a birthday. The rooms were fabulous and the food on property generally excellent - though pricey: 53 for a breakfast of two boiled eggs, toast, juice, bacon and coffee.. but the bacon is plentiful and excellent. Dinner events were handled well and the beach club setting at night was even better than being there by day.

Bermuda itself was clean and the people welcoming and kind. Would love to go back and stay longer than our 4 days...

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear "island04575,"

Thank you for leaving this detailed review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,