“Pretentious”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The maitre treated me as if I didn't know what fresh urchins are, recommending we have them in a different manner than I had asked for (tempura with a sauce), I didn't want to argue so we had them in sushi. The portions are too big, all of them, there is not a Japanese person in sight and the cooks are not very delicate in the way they handle the food. Neither was the waitress, very nice but a bit rough.
I asked we be seated at the bar since we like to see how they prepare everything, the bar has a mirror on the side of the customer so you cannot see what they are doing. You only see and feel their stress. It was a disappointment and not worth the price at all.
Barcelona has much better Japanese restaurants.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Very, very high quality sushi in a small but very nice restaurant. The quality of the fish is excellent (sashimi tuna and salmon were both melt in your mouth), nigiri were also extremely tasty but the best dish I had was the roll with teriyaki salmon with a special rice (unfortunately I can't remember the full name) - Absolutely delicious!
This restaurant is not cheap but the food is excellent! I have eaten sushi around the world including Japan, California, and Vancouver and this can hold its own!
By the way, if you are staying in nh hotel next door, you can access directly from the Hotel!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I recently dinned here around 7pm since I had dinner reservations at 12midnight at another restaurant. I ordered a vegetarian roll and it was great, the service was great.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Come here quite often since it is my favorite restaurant.

Try the: sashimi variado, gyozas de jabali (boar gyozas) and gunkan de toro con tanuki.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We had some of the best sushi anywhere in the world at 99 Sushi. Fresh, terrific selection of sushi and other items and excellent wine/drinks menu to compliment. Service was personable and efficient. Need to make a reservation as this restaurant is very popular and small in its discrete size and decor.