“Good vibe”
Review of Sugar Bacon

Sugar Bacon
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugar Bacon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 329 Restaurants in McKinney
Reviewed 7 August 2018

nice cute place, good food, not comfy for small kids, nice bar, good staff, some are too young and lack the experience

Reviewed 1 August 2018

With an enormous selection of bourbons and a well-turned out, unique appetizer menu, SugarBacon is a perfect date night destination. The atmosphere is upbeat without being loud and obnoxious and the menu is interesting yet accessible. The cheese plate is excellent, highlighting local seasonal specialities, and of course, the sugar bacon is not to be missed.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

My husband and I dined at Sugar Bacon for brunch recently and were quite underwhelmed by the service and the food.
There was no excuse for the poor service we received as the place was not very crowded and our waiter only seemed to have us and two other tables to serve. It took a long time to get water, to order our drinks, to order our food, and the longest wait was trying to get his attention to bring our check. We waited even longer for him to pick up our money and bring our change. There seemed to be a lot of "visiting" with other staff members and people at another table. We were certainly not a priority. We were never asked how our food was or if we would care for drink refills. Somehow, we got put in "no man's land" even though we were seated near the front middle!
With that being said, the brunch menu was quite nice and our choices (Mimosas, Tater Tots, Biscuit & Gravy, and Eggs Benedict) were all nice but certainly nothing special. For those of you familiar with Rapscallion on Lower Greenville in Dallas, Sugar Bacon would be a "Rapscallion wanna-be" in my opinion. They have some good food ideas but fall a little short for me on taste and presentation.
The restaurant vibes are very pleasing and the interior is quite nice. The place is much bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside and I wish it had been cool enough for outdoor seating. I hate to give up on this restaurant after all the positive reviews I have read but we certainly did not have a stellar dining experience. It was a so-so experience for me, at best.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Sugar Bacon is a home run. If you go be sure to try the Sugar Bacon dish. It is awesome. All of the food on their menu is great. The drinks are solid and the service is outstanding. Very reasonably priced also.

It will be a great experience.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I LOVE eating here. The food is always a unique twist on your favorite classics in combinations you’ve not thought of before - insert tater tots covered in fantastic smoked brisket with pimento cheese on top - yum. We have been slowly making our way through their menus and have yet to be disappointed! Lunch is our typical visit as we work down the street, however dinner and Sunday brunch take it up another level you didn’t expect too! The food itself is always fresh, well seasoned and prepared excellently. You will have no complaints.
Aside from the deliciousness, the service is what makes this establishment truly remarkable. We have been so taken care of here that the staff feels like old friends popping in and out of your table’s conversations. Berto makes killer recommendations and has never let me down! Also, being that I am super pregnant at this point, the desire for a cocktail is coming on strong. Ruben has made me so many wonderful drinks to satisfy this it’s not even funny. Officially, best mocktails in Mckinney!