“Great time to visit ”

Chestnut Square Historic Village
Ranked #3 of 44 things to do in McKinney
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We came this time during Farmers Market in very late fall so not much to pick through but plenty non produce items such as Salsa and Honey plus much more
Kids will like petting zoo and just nice historic place to browse and people watch

All reviews
"square"
in 30 reviews
"receptions"

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Well kept and preserved grounds and buildings allow for a reminder of times past. The Church is available for weddings but get your reservations in early.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

We attended a small country wedding this past weekend at the Chestnut Square Historic Village. It's a series of small cottages used for different venues. The chapel held about 100 guests with wooden pews. The reception was held in another cottage that catered BBQ and outdoor dance area under covered patio with disc jockey. Amble parking nearby. The staff was friendly and the event was fun to attend. If I lived in this city and would like to renew our vows, I'd consider this location.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We had a small wedding (20 guests) in the chapel garden within Chestnut Square Historic Village. The space could have held double that, easy. But it was perfect for our small, intimate affair. Kim from Chestnut Square helped us arrange all the details beforehand, and then was very helpful throughout the ceremony itself.
The garden was beautiful and we got some wonderful pictures of our wedding. The whole experience was simple and stress-free. I highly recommend checking them out. The whole village is beautiful, plus there are two goats on site!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 September 2016

We visited the McKinney Farmers Market in Chestnut Square on a Saturday morning – yes, they have a GREAT Farmer’s Market here! It should be a separate listing, but whatever.

Om: Love this Farmers Market, I consistently see it nominated for one of the best in Dallas. Located right in historic Chestnut Village, it’s on the small side compared to some others, but the freshness of all the fruits and veggies it outstanding, and all of it is locally produced. Our main item of purchase was pounds of strawberries (Nom it will tell us why) and some blueberries. I might be missing something. It was all really good, you can taste the difference between their stuff and items bought from a grocery store. Besides the food vendors, there are people selling soaps, charms, breads, oil, salsa, meats, and even some grilling some food so you can have on site. It was neat to also see the blacksmith’s working, so we had that nice smoky smell in certain parts of the village. There are even a few goats that you can feed! Yea, my beautiful Nom and I will most certainly be back within the next few weeks, we need some pumpkins!

Nom: My handsome love took us down to Mckinney’s local farmers market and it was wonderful! Very small located in Chestnut Village. It might be small but it packs a powerful punch! I was on the hunt for fresh local strawberries because they make the most flavorful jams! Of course I got sucked into buying local honey (delicious) and candy (delicious) and we found the most beautiful fragrant strawberries! Priced very nicely! I should have gotten some potatoes and beans but I was on a mission to get fresh berries! So many beautiful stands, sights, sounds and smells! I can’t wait to go back with my handsome love! Oh! And the strawberry jam…came out perfect…local produce…the best!

1  Thank OmAndNom