Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
wonderful nature educational

interactive things for the kids to see as well as wonderful nature lessons thruout/they do the most... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
eae777
Dallas, Texas
Dinosaurs are awesome

This is one place my wife and I consistently bought season passes to. They have 3-4 different... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2018
Casey M
via mobile

All reviews butterfly garden gift shop live animals pioneer village walking trails animated dinosaurs native plants on display dinosaur bones grandkids love indoor exhibits educational programs family outing field trip outdoor experience inside the building forested area
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I came here as a Chaperone on my son's class field trip. As 5+ year members of the Heard, I was excited to go. It was one of our most favorite places to do father-son activities.

The field trip programming was interesting and informative. The staff did a good job. We got to hike a bit, which was fun. The grounds here are beautiful.

Even though I was a member, and should've gotten in at no cost, they charged me admission. Because I was with the field trip - as a chaperone - I had to pay.

I paid the admission (what else was I going to do?), and enjoyed the day. Afterwards, I emailed the Heard about this, and never received a reply. We've now let our membership lapse, and have not been back since.

This isn't about the $10 it cost to get in. It's about feeling like our 5 years of membership meant nothing to them.

2  Thank So_It_Goes_16
Reviewed 15 February 2018

The Heard is on the smaller scale as museums and parks go. That said it is a very nice way to spend a half day. The museum has interesting displays that range from rocks/geology to sea life and mammals. There is an animal area with deer, foxes, butterflies, etc. The trails are very nice with lots of trees and marsh areas. When the dinosaurs are there that is fun, too. The Heard is well designed with a little of everything and very well maintained.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

There are so many different ways to experience the Heard! I have seen the dinosaurs, held workshops here, walked the trails, and enjoyed the exhibits. They feature different exhibits and shows -- including a native plants sale in the spring. The folks there are helpful and kind -- just a great place for an outdoor experience or for learning about native wildlife.

1  Thank Cathy W
Reviewed 2 February 2018

on a sunny January day to see the Dinosaur exhibit and it was a great way to spend several hours and spend some energy. The way the exhibit was set up the kids could run ahead and still be in clear view of slower grandparents. They loved hearing the sounds the dinosaurs made. We also spent time in the play area where there were small houses etc to go through. Got several cute photographs for their parents with the dinosaur at the end that was for that purpose. It was a very reasonable entry fee and great way to entertain cousins who were in town and didn't know each other very well. By the end of the afternoon had lots in common.

2  Thank Bettina L
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We needed to get outside on a beautiful winter day and decided on a visit to the Heard Natural Science Museum. Our first stop was at the visitor center to get tickets and a map. The fee of $50.00 was reasonable for four adults and two children. The center offers several exhibits on the main and lower floors. There is a small gift shop that is conveniently stocked with many items under $5.00. After exploring the inside exhibits, head outside to the trails. Be careful. You will encounter some scary animated dinosaurs along the way. There is a frontier town which is actually a group of playhouses. Live animals are also located near this area. There are several spots with picnic tables to enjoy lunch or a snack.

2  Thank Hollis P