Review Highlights
The most amazing ride EVER

An amazing experience that everyone should try. Brian Rohr is a great pilot, it was as if we were... read more

Reviewed 19 August 2018
LennyB845
Oakland, Tennessee
via mobile
Celebrating our 25th Anniversary

One of the most incredible experience we ever had. Brian was phenomenal leading the flight. We... read more

Reviewed 2 June 2018
MarciaMonaco
Dallas, Texas

All reviews balloon flight champagne toast an amazing experience great pilot his assistant ground crew these guys take photos brian ballooning safety basket anniversary prayer field burner dash
Reviewed 11 August 2016

My husband and I did this for our 35th anniversary. This is our second and third time to fly in a balloon. Brian and his crew do an awesome job from making a reservation, to being appreciative of your business upon returning to the meeting place.

So easy to set up reservations and get up dated flight schedule and all the instructions. Being that balloning is weather dependent, one has to be flexible. We did have to wait a week or two for our flight, well worth it as it was a beautiful sunrise flight.

The care and personal service is top notch even though it was a flight with ten other people. For those that were first timers, Brian and his " crew of ladies" made them feel safe, secure and at ease, especially with Brian's expertise and great sense of humor.

Using a gondola that holds thirteen people and the huge balloon that is used to fly it is a pretty spectacular site.

One can stand by or help a little with the set up if you choose. Photos and videos are taken from there all the way to the champagne toast with rolls and fruit. All are included with the your fee!!!! :) Don't think we have done any excursions where we didn't have to pay extra for photos.

Brian is an excellent pilot and very personable. We enjoyed him telling us about technical parts of ballooning and flight, history of ballooning, the geography of where we were all wrapped up some times in humor.

I wish I could do this every weekend :)

This is a family run business and it shows in all they do.

Date of experience: July 2016
5  Thank Michelle C
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Thank you for the fantastic review! I almost relived the flight with you through reading your descriptive summary! :)

I love to know that we are meeting your expectations on what is a truly unique adventure, with no two flights alike. I'll pass word on to our lovely crew as well! They are the best in the business!

Take care and soft landings,
Brian Rohr

Reviewed 22 May 2016

My husband and I did a "sunrise" flight to celebrate our anniversary. Rohr made the whole experience a pleasure, starting with how easy they were to work with to get it scheduled, right through the flight and return trip back to our vehicles. I recommend them to anyone looking for an out of the ordinary, fun activity.

Our original time was rained out, so we rescheduled, and any time we communicated with them they were so nice and so flexible. Their instructions for where to meet and what the trip would be like were detailed and clear (I'm a planner, so that gets stars from me!).

The pilot and crew were so engaging and fun. The pilot, also the owner, had an especially nice personality - funny and engaging but not over-the-top gregarious. They let you participate in the process of blowing up the balloon (if you wanted), as well as the pack up (again, if you wanted). Most of us just relaxed and took in the experience, as we were all first-timers and it is very interesting.

The ride itself was a little over 1 hour and was just amazing. So smooth and I felt much more secure in the basket than I'd imagined I would. As we flew over neighborhoods, we heard dogs barking, and people would come out of their houses to say hello and wave. It was very cool.

When we landed, they brought out champagne, orange juice (for mimosas), muffins, and berries. The passengers got to chat and relax while the crew packed up the balloon and loaded it back up for our return trip to our cars. Overall, a great company to work with and I'd recommend them to anyone!

Date of experience: May 2016
2  Thank CookseyMom
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Thank you for the descriptive review! I appreciate the nice comments and it is great to hear that you had a wonderful time with us! Thank you for your business!! Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Soft Landings, Brian Rohr

Reviewed 24 February 2016

From liftoff to landing every aspect of this special adventure was spectacular. Brian and his crew exceeded our expectations at every turn. We never imagined a balloon flight could be so simple, safe and scenic. When air traffic control clears the airspace just for you, you know you are riding with someone special. When your parting gift is a special champagne glass or even a cork balloon model, you'll definitely have memories for a lifetime. Worth every penny.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank MDKnight2016
Reviewed 20 January 2016

For our first wedding anniversary, I surprised my wife with a hot air balloon ride with Rohr Balloons. The experience was excellent. Brian is a true professional and expert balloonist. While this was my wife's first balloon ride, I previously experienced balloon rides when I was a child. Though fun, these past experiences did not compare. Brian was extremely professional. He explained the process of flying, safety precautions and flight details throughout the trip. He and his crewman Chris took photos and video though the duration of the flight, allowing us to just enjoy the ride. We were able to experience great vistas and an amazing "splash and dash" on a lake, touching the surface and ascending again, making for amazing photos. Landing was superb as well. We landed upright with no bumps or basket turnover. Afterwards, we enjoyed champagne mimosas while toasting to our anniversary and the balloonist's prayer. Amazing experience and a gift my wife will remember. Thanks again Brian and Chris!

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Chris F
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Thank you Sir! I greatly appreciate you taking the time and effort to share your experience in this review. I am exceptionally happy to know you both enjoyed the flight! Thank you for joining us!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

If you are looking for a special gift for a special someone that is unique and will be remembered for a lifetime, this is it! Brian Rohr is an incredible pilot and host. We took the sunset flight and it was beautiful and romantic from beginning to end. You can get as involved as you would like in that you can help with balloon setup and tear down or simply just go for a ride. Buy this one direct from Rohr balloons so that you can avoid the booking fees that other broker sites charge. I cant recommend this enough!!!!

Date of experience: January 2016
3  Thank L934WJmichaelf
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Thank you for your review from your flight last week. It was a great evening to fly, and a pleasure to have you aboard. I hope you enjoyed the photos and videos. Thank you for your business! Soft Landings, Brian