“Highly recommended bucket list experience”

Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Rohr Balloons provides hot air balloon rides, proposal packages, and business marketing packages.Sunrise and sunset rides occur 7 days per week, weather permitting, and include champagne, hors' doeurves, and photos of the adventure. Go right to the source with Rohr Balloons, a reputable family owned business!
Reviewed 22 May 2016

My husband and I did a "sunrise" flight to celebrate our anniversary. Rohr made the whole experience a pleasure, starting with how easy they were to work with to get it scheduled, right through the flight and return trip back to our vehicles. I recommend them to anyone looking for an out of the ordinary, fun activity.

Our original time was rained out, so we rescheduled, and any time we communicated with them they were so nice and so flexible. Their instructions for where to meet and what the trip would be like were detailed and clear (I'm a planner, so that gets stars from me!).

The pilot and crew were so engaging and fun. The pilot, also the owner, had an especially nice personality - funny and engaging but not over-the-top gregarious. They let you participate in the process of blowing up the balloon (if you wanted), as well as the pack up (again, if you wanted). Most of us just relaxed and took in the experience, as we were all first-timers and it is very interesting.

The ride itself was a little over 1 hour and was just amazing. So smooth and I felt much more secure in the basket than I'd imagined I would. As we flew over neighborhoods, we heard dogs barking, and people would come out of their houses to say hello and wave. It was very cool.

When we landed, they brought out champagne, orange juice (for mimosas), muffins, and berries. The passengers got to chat and relax while the crew packed up the balloon and loaded it back up for our return trip to our cars. Overall, a great company to work with and I'd recommend them to anyone!

2  Thank CookseyMom
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Thank you for the descriptive review! I appreciate the nice comments and it is great to hear that you had a wonderful time with us! Thank you for your business!! Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Soft Landings, Brian Rohr

Reviewed 24 February 2016

From liftoff to landing every aspect of this special adventure was spectacular. Brian and his crew exceeded our expectations at every turn. We never imagined a balloon flight could be so simple, safe and scenic. When air traffic control clears the airspace just for you, you know you are riding with someone special. When your parting gift is a special champagne glass or even a cork balloon model, you'll definitely have memories for a lifetime. Worth every penny.

1  Thank MDKnight2016
Reviewed 20 January 2016

For our first wedding anniversary, I surprised my wife with a hot air balloon ride with Rohr Balloons. The experience was excellent. Brian is a true professional and expert balloonist. While this was my wife's first balloon ride, I previously experienced balloon rides when I was a child. Though fun, these past experiences did not compare. Brian was extremely professional. He explained the process of flying, safety precautions and flight details throughout the trip. He and his crewman Chris took photos and video though the duration of the flight, allowing us to just enjoy the ride. We were able to experience great vistas and an amazing "splash and dash" on a lake, touching the surface and ascending again, making for amazing photos. Landing was superb as well. We landed upright with no bumps or basket turnover. Afterwards, we enjoyed champagne mimosas while toasting to our anniversary and the balloonist's prayer. Amazing experience and a gift my wife will remember. Thanks again Brian and Chris!

1  Thank Chris F
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Thank you Sir! I greatly appreciate you taking the time and effort to share your experience in this review. I am exceptionally happy to know you both enjoyed the flight! Thank you for joining us!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

If you are looking for a special gift for a special someone that is unique and will be remembered for a lifetime, this is it! Brian Rohr is an incredible pilot and host. We took the sunset flight and it was beautiful and romantic from beginning to end. You can get as involved as you would like in that you can help with balloon setup and tear down or simply just go for a ride. Buy this one direct from Rohr balloons so that you can avoid the booking fees that other broker sites charge. I cant recommend this enough!!!!

3  Thank Michael F
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Thank you for your review from your flight last week. It was a great evening to fly, and a pleasure to have you aboard. I hope you enjoyed the photos and videos. Thank you for your business! Soft Landings, Brian

Reviewed 31 October 2015

My wife has wanted to do a hot air balloon flight her whole life. We were not disappointed. Brian and his crew were very professional. All questions were adequately answered. Despite my own apprehensions, I felt very comfortable the whole time. Our flight was changed due to bad weather last week, but Rohr Balloons was quick and flexible in rescheduling.

I also appreciate that for the ceremonial landing celebration we were offered sparkling cider in lieu of champagne since we do not drink alcohol.

McKinney, Texas was a great place for a weekend getaway. After our balloon flight, we had a fantastic meal at the Harvest restaurant and stayed the night at The Grand Hotel.

I highly recommend Brian and his crew. Thanks