“Great selections! ”
Review of Landon Winery

Landon Winery
Ranked #5 of 38 things to do in McKinney
More attraction details
Owner description: Landon Winery is a Texas winery that has two locations where wines can be sampled; historic downtown McKinney, Texas and historic downtown Greenville, Texas both of which are close to Dallas and Fort Worth. Our goal is to run a winery known for crafting award-winning Texas wines. Watch us make our wines at either location. We have produced many internationally recognized award winning wines. We source our Texas grapes from vineyards in the Texas high plains south of Lubbock and even some grapes from outside of Texas.Enjoy wine tastings at the bar, wine by the glass, wine by the bottle or take a bottle home with you. McKinney offers a great patio, live music on Friday and Saturday nights, cheeseboards, and an indoor tuscan atmosphere. Stop by for an afternoon break or enjoy a cool evening on the patio under the stars.
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I love this winery when ever I am Dallas I always stop to get bottles to take away, I found this winery while living in Plano, and I fell in love with it. Amazing wine, fair prices, excellent service. I recommend doing a tasting my personal favorite is the Merlot and Peach wine. Follow me and my world travel journeys on my Instagram @mrtravelbee

Please like if this review has helped you & message if you have any questions.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The place is comfortable, the service is amazing and tje location is great. They seem to be doing realy good because they are always busy. The have great variety and good wines. The only downside...just one restroom for tje whole place. Sorry ladies you might not like that!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Located on the southwest end of the square in historic downtown McKinney, Landon is an exceptional treasure. Tough Texas is not known as a great region for wines, these Texas grown wines are utterly delightful. The service is warm, friendly, knowledgeable, and caring. Truly a must see destination here in the most "Unique by Nature" town of all the Lone Star State!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Nice hidden gem. Maria was awesome in proactively coordinating our group and adapting to our last-minute changes with a can-do Texas attitude.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Friday night four of us decided to hang out at Landon Winery and listen to the wonderful music coming from their open air patio. They have a prime spot on the McKinney Square with a beautiful patio to enjoy nice weather, watch people walking the square and listening to live music. The brick flooring gives it a cobblestone feel. Inside, the decor is parchment yellow walls and heavy wood for tables, wine racks and bar.

We tried three different wines and did not like them at all. The Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve was very young. There is not a full body mouth feel with aged tannins. The fruity aspect overpowers the wine. The Riesling was not complex and did not offer a light refreshing taste. The sangria was grape juice. We did not finish two of the three drinks.

I love wine. I love wine rooms like this, but the wine has to be reasonable to enjoy. You add unhelpful employees that look like that rather be anywhere but here, and you make this a place I do not want to visit.

1  Thank CraftBeers