“Not Super but OK”

Add it.
Panda's Super Buffet
Ranked #229 of 338 Restaurants in McKinney
Reviewed 23 February 2015

It's not cheap at $9 a pop for a weekday lunch given it's very limited selection, but I'm sure they have a limited number of customers out in the boonies of McKinney during the week, and everything that I tried tasted ok except the mussels which were tough, stringy and very fishy in a bad way. I eat a lot of seafood and this wasn't right. The moo goo gai pan was really excellent and one of the few things not fried. I would have sampled the egg foo yong but the patties were rubbery and hard, so I passed. The service was excellent, the facility is clean and comfortable. Would imagine it might be a notch better on weekend nights.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

At Chinese buffets, you get what you pay for. And for the price, you get a lot here.
First the negatives. There's plenty of fried food, in fact, one whole side of one buffet table! I skipped that. There's sushi...but nothing like what you'd get at a real sushi restaurant. They have a soft-serve "ice cream" machine that tastes only a little like ice cream. But those are the only negatives.
Positives: There's plenty to choose from. Dumplings, orange chicken, ribs, many dishes with vegetables...and the flavors are Chinese...if a bit on the sugary side (because, I suppose, Americans are trained to go for sweet). Great green beans. The vegetables are not soggy. And I did not find any gristle or mystery in the meat. I ate there twice on this trip.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The "average" Chinese buffet that wasn't. I tried to sample everything they had on the extensive buffet but I ran out of space to do so. Everything I tried, while "the average fair" was far above average in taste and quality. My wait staff treated me like I was in a sit down restaurant, rather than at a buffet experience. Great place.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

It's an all-you-can-eat restaurant. The taste of the food here is really similar to Asian, and the price is also attractive. They have various kinds of foods, cakes. It's a really good choice to have a great meal here, no matter the price or the taste. Unfortunately they did not provide service very well and it's noisy there, or I would like to give them 5 points.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The food is not bad. As with any buffet not everything will be really freshly prepared, but on the average it is a good place to eat because of the selection.