“Don't Stay Here”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Alvin, texas
“Don't Stay Here”
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I checked in the evening of 12/22/2010. I asked the desk clerk if I could have a late check-out time. He said I could have until 12 noon. My businessran longer than I
anticipated. I called the Howard Johnsons at noon. The voice on the
other end told me that I had to pay extra if I was not out by noon. I
argued a little but finally said OK. When I arrived back at the Howard
Johnsons, my 83 year-old father, whom I had left back in the room while
I performed the graveside service, told me that he had been told to pack
up get out of the room #226. He was standing outside when I returned to
the Howard Johnsons. In addition to being 40 degrees, the lady at the
front desk literally screamed at him. Nothing that he could say is going to take the sting out of the fact that some desk clerk yelled at my 83-year old father and told him to get out of that motel room.

By the way, the checkout time listed for the McKinney Howard Johnsons is NOON on the website. The general manager or someone there put a piece of masking tape over the check-out time and hand wrote 11:00 A.M.

There were probably four cars in the parking lot when my father and I returned to the motel after a late supper. In the morning when I left for the cemetery service, there were fewer cars than that. The extra hour (or 15 minutes) that I used the McKinney Howard Johnsons hotel space could not have thrown off their room cleaning schedule. It didn't appear that they had a lot of rooms to clean.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Robbo552

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I rented one week with my 17 yr old son. I am quiet. Pay for my room cash w them having a photo copy of my credit card for security. The woman who is the manager from day 1 did not like me and if I asked any question at all would begin screaming at me. Literally. I asked her politely to not raise her voice to me I am not trying to argue with her only ask a question. She treated my friends cruelly. I was told I could not partake of the "continental breakfast" because I had paid the advertised discount weekly rate which is only 5 days not a week. She removed the microwave and refridgerator from my room told me it was 25 non refundable dollars a week to keep it. When my son tried to talk to her she told me to tell my son to "shut-up." I am absolutely shocked and appalled by this woman's behavior. There were many other instances I am not including of outright discrimination and disrespect. Why such a person is in a management position in an industry of customer service is quite beyond me.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these McKinney hotels

OKC
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This was a horrible experience. There was mold in the bathroom, the carpets were so gross, we wore our shoes the whole evening. The smell of the room made my friend vomit. The clerk up front would not accomdate us. We reluctantly stayed and I received a voucher for another stay at a Howard Johnson that covered 1/2 the cost of what I paid in McKinney. Like I'll EVER stay at another HoJo....

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
NC
Reviewed 16 March 2010

An advertised continental breakfast. This was it: coffee, several bagels, several muffins, some cereal, and orange juice. We were not even told where to find the cream cheese for the bagels.

The back door lock that was to be opened only with a room key was broken, and any one could enter it without any key.

We had to call the desk to get bath towels. None were in the room. A dirty wash cloth was left in the bed.

We posted a do not disturb sign on the door before we left for the day. It was totally ignored.

We feel we left a shoe and sock in the room, possibly under the bed. We called and got no satisfaction. We went up to the motel and asked to look in the room. They claimed it was already rented and we were not allowed to go in. I asked the desk clerk as we were leaving to go back to NC to go up and look under the bed and he refused.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zenack
kilajewels
Reviewed 17 February 2010

My fiance and I were looking for a nice jacuzzi room to spend Valentine's weekend in. The rooms are not nice, with old mix-matched furniture, hard beds, and stained carpets. Above all it is February, and the heater did not work. Staff was not friendly and argued that we were not giving the heater enough time to warm up, even though it had been running for 2 hours and still cold! We checked out and they said my credit card would not be charged. It was charged and I'm still waiting for my refund on this dump! Also we went down the street to Comfort Suites which is very nice and our room was $35 cheaper.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple