“Really good sandwiches”
Review of Butcher Board

Butcher Board
Ranked #27 of 326 Restaurants in McKinney
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had a great time at Butcher Board. The sandwiches were unique and interesting - and the beer selection was good as well. Lots of local craft beers. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We went to Butcher Board for after church lunch. Our whole crew likes to do this every week. Setup like a Subway, but you don't order until you get all the way to the end at the cash register, weird. I got a Ruben and a pasta salad, she got a meatball loaf sandwich and potato salad. With fountain drinks the total was over $30. The food was tasty and good quality, but everything is consistently priced about 20% more than it should be. If the Ruben had been $8.95 I would have been happy. There was a lot of confusion. The cashier said that they had no cabbage slaw for the Ruben, they were out, but it was still the same price. After we were seated, a host person came by to tell one of our friends that what she ordered was totally unavailable, and she would have to choose again. I inquired about the cabbage slaw and she said that they did in fact have it.? There was something on my sandwich, I don't know if it was the cabbage slaw, or something else. We were a large group, (9) and we had selected the large table in the middle of the restaurant which was perfect for us, but before we could get everyone seated we got bumped by some tour group that got the big table, forcing us to eat outside on the patio. Which would have been nice except at 1pm in July it was hot. Overall, it was a tasty experience, but the slightly overpriced food, kitchen confusion, and being treated like second class patrons left me thinking I would only return if I wanted to dine with friends that were dead set on going there.

1  Thank Collin K
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

They have about 12 different sandwiches to choose from plus some tacos and a few other items. They also have about half dozen sides. I got the Butcher Board Club with Potato Salad. The meal was delicious. The only complaint is it’s a little on the high side price was . I paid $14 for sandwich and side.

1  Thank 972Tizzy
Reviewed 30 May 2018

One of our stops, we were given a half of their signature Club sandwich. By far, the most amazing sandwich i've had in some time!! The smells alone when you walk in will make you drool in anticipation, but once you bite in....you will be hooked!! The meat had a fantastic smoked flavor, and they had put the freshest, crispest veggies i have ever had! I will definitely be back here next time i'm in Texas!!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try a new place for lunch on our "couples day off" from work. We were greeted immediately upon entering, and the older gentlemen behind the glass gave us samples of beef bacon, which was on a featured sandwich for the day. I was in based on the sample, so I ordered a Beef Bacon BLT sandwich (#4), and my wife ordered a kid's Pulled Pork Sandwich (she's a light eater). My sandwich was huge, and, according to one of the employees, it's a newer offering. I could only finish 1/2 of it, but I was satisfied. My wife couldn't say the same. She found a fairly large piece of fat mixed into her pulled pork, which she had to cut out before continuing to eat. She also complained about the fact that there was very little sauce on the meat. Needless to say, she was not satisfied. Our general observations about this place: could use some variety in the sides offered (bag of chips, potato salad, pasta salad, and cole slaw), friendly staff, nice decor and patio area. The food was good but, given it's pricey for a lunch spot (10-12 bucks just for the sandwich), I'm not sure that's enough to make us want to go back. Sandwiches are supposed to be simple, but their attempt to make things a bit more gourmet seemed unnecessary.

3  Thank James R