See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I've been camping for 30 years and have never been treated the way we were treated in this park. The owner is crazy! She gave us grief the minute we pulled in. If there would have been any other parks available we would have left.
We had some young people come and ask us if they could sleep by our picnic table because the cabin they rented was so disgusting.
Save your money and sleep in the Walmart parking lot. You will be glad you did!

Room tip: Nasty cabins. treated terribly by owner.
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Y579REkimm
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Do not stay here unless you like being yelled at by the crazy owner, Gaye. She treats you like you a five year old. She doesn't know how to have a normal conversation, it's one sided and she is yelling. If you try to answer her she will make you leave or call the cops on you.
The grounds are ok, just ok, nothing fancy at all. They are very crowded and shared with a live in trailer park.
Don't bother wasting your money on the run down cabins. You would be better off sleeping in your car. The restrooms are not air conditioned and the toilets don't flush.
If this place wasn't so close to Luckenbach they would not be in business. Go to the KOA down the road a few miles. You will be so happy you did.

Room tip: Beware of the crazy owner. Go down the road to the KOA.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank veChristopher55
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Thank you Gaye for an amazing weekend at the Armadillo Farm. Our first official RV trip could not have been more perfect. Gaye and her staff were nothing more than Texas hospitable from the first call I made to arranging our reservations to the multiple questions I had before we arrived. Gaye was always so sweet and helpful. Being the first time we have owned an rv and haven't been to other rv parks before, I wasn't (and still not sure) what "primitively camp site" meant. The Armadillo Farm is the closest location you can "camp" (all types of options from pull behind, diesel pushers, etc. to even in your own tent) to Luckenbach. Being a native Texan, I can truly say this rv farm is amazing to be away from the hustle, city lights and people, you can see all the bright stars over Texas for sure. We had water, sewer and electricity hook-ups, a picnic table and trash bin...everything you need. If by primitive means no wifi, cable tv/satellite or concrete roads inside the farm, then I still doesn't see the fuss--it's Texas we love dirt roads and need less connections ! I highly recommend Armadillo Farms and we will always stay here from now on unless it's full. Thanks again Gaye you are such a doll!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Rude!!!! I called to see about staying here for the weekend with my RV and family. The lady who called me back was extremely rude on the phone and showed no interest in helping me out. She said we can't accommodate you with that is too many kids (2) and too many animals(2) and were right by Luckenback..... which was crazy I guess she didn't want the business. She told me why don't you call KOA which is another place and them hung up on me. So I won't ever be going to visit this place at all

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ashleydesanto
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

This is the most affordable accommodations in the Fredericksburg area. We stayed in a screened in porch cabin for $60 a night for two nights. This included a full bed, a set of bunks, a glass patio table and five chairs. Also includes AC and bathrooms. Cabin and furniture were quite weathered. Cement floor and some decorations. Grounds are small in the front of the park where we stayed. A stones throw to all neighbors. Close enough to Lukenbach to hear the music, but don't walk because cars drive fast and road is curvy. Bathrooms were very clean. They are on a septic system so no paper in the toilet. Nothing special about the sinks and showers, so do not have high expectations. Landlord was friendly and we didn't see much of anyone. The field across the street is beautiful with an amazing sunrise and wildlife in the mornings.

If you have the expectations of an old, locally run campground that is just providing you the bare essentials, then you will enjoy your stay like we did. If you want nicer accommodations, this is not the place for you. $60 felt high for what we got. $30 or $40 would have been acceptable... but this is the middle of TX wine country, so it was decent!

Date of stay: May 2017